Chapter 1: Snakes and letters

(A/N. Please remember that they are eleven in the beginning. There will be no serious romance or heavy swearing because they are children. Please be patient, also, question of the day is, do you think her and Harry will be close?)

"Hayden, you're hogging the bed!" Harry sighed.

I moved closer to the wall giving him more space, "Thank you, Hayden."

We both went silent and were almost asleep again. Then Dudley started to jump on the stairs screaming, and bits of the ceiling fell and hit me in the face. I let out an annoyed groan as Harry went to open the door, but had it shut in his face. I took a look in the small mirror in our room and almost cried. My long red hair was knotted and frizzy. Harry looked at me and gave me a pity look.

"I'll help you braid it," Harry told me before grabbing my brush.

He gently brushed through my wavy hair. Once he unknotted the mess of my hair, he did a braid for me. The braids never look particularly good, but I never fixed them, because he did it for me.

"Thank you, Harry," I said hugging my twin.

"It's the least I could do since you fixed my glasses," He responded.

We climbed out of our cupboard and wandered into the kitchen. I started to cook bacon while Harry got Vermon's coffee. I hate him, I hate being in the same room as him. I hate this house, and I hate the life me and Harry are being forced to live. I put the bacon on a plate and sat at the table across from him. He went to say something but was cut off by Dudley's outburst.

"Thirty-six! But I had thirty-seven last year!" Dudley screamed at his parents.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat. He does this every year and every year the spoiled brat gets more gifts. But me and Harry never do. 

"Don't worry, when we go to the zoo today, we will get you more gifts."

"We?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Our neighbor couldn't watch you so you will be forced to come with," Before she could say more, I ran to get changed. 

I never get to go out, and the zoo will be filled with animals for me to draw later. I put on a pair of black leggings and an old blue jumper from Petunia. Then I tied up my broken silver tennis shoes. Once I finished changing my brother changed in our room. I walked out to the car where Dudley and Peirce were.

"Hello beautiful," Pierce flirted with me, but I just rolled my eyes.

"Hayden, I have thought you better manners," Vernom scolded.

"I will not be polite to men who creep me out," I responded harshly. 

"You will if I tell you to, and I am telling you to," he said in a threatening tone that made my body go rigid.

"Hello to you as well, Pierce," I said with a fake smile, "I'm sorry for my former attitude."

Once Harry and Petunia came out, we all squished in the car. I sat in the floorboard in front of Pierce. He kept messing with my hair even after I asked him to stop. When I raised my voice, Vernom told me to use my manners, so I just quit saying anything. Harry kept shooting me sympathetic looks and I sent back fake smiles. That is my purpose with the Dursleys, to be silent and smile. Once we arrived at the zoo we went to the reptile and amphibian room. My brother went to the snakes, I went to the turtles. I was enjoying looking at them when Petunia approached me.

"Did you die the ends of your hair!' She exclaimed.

"What?" When I looked at my hair it was the same red it always was.