Facing my Fears

(AN, as always, trigger warnings when necessary. I love all the comments and support <3! Question of the day, who would you like to see more of this year?)

"Say it with me class, Ridikulas!" Lupin taught. 

"Ridikulas!" We all repeated back. 

"This class is ridiculous," Malfoy muttered. 

"You are ridiculous," I bantered. 

"Oh, like you're much better, Potter," Draco said with a teasing grin.

Me and Draco are cool now. We aren't friends, we don't want to be friends. But we can breathe the same air, which is nice.

"Alright, class line up!" Lupin announced. 

I was the first in my group. I was behind the new Gryffindor boy and my brother. 

"How does it feel to have a competent teacher for your favorite class?" Aiden asked me. 

"So nice!" I said, bouncing a little bit. 

"It's nice to see you so happy for your education," Theo told me, as Neville began. 

"Ridikulas!" Neville shouted, and Professor Snape transformed from his normal outfit into an outfit made for a grandma. 

"Where's that Gryffindor with the camera when you need him!" Kyra giggled.

More and more people went as Lupin played music. We were all giggling and laughing, and then Harry stepped forward. Suddenly, he turned into a dementor. I let out a shriek and jumped backward. Blaise and Mattheo kept me upright as Lupin jumped in front of Harry to get rid of the Boggart. 

"His is a moon," Kyra whispered. 

"How?" Aiden whispered. 

"Eidetic memory," Kyra whispered back. 

"Class dismissed!" Lupin announced. 

"This is bullshit, I want to learn this," I mumble. 

"Let's go ask him if we can all come back later and learn," Blaise told me, "It does seem interesting.

"Are you sure?" I asked, and everyone nodded their head. 

"Professor," I said approaching the desk, my friends following me. 

"Can I help you lot with something?" he asked me, his demeanor becoming more comfortable. 

"We like defense against the dark arts, and we want to learn everything. Can we come by later and practice this spell?" I asked him.

"I suppose. I have time now if you seven want to stay?" Lupin offered. 

"Seven?" Aiden asked. 

"I want to learn to. I'm new here," the Gryffindor boy said. 

"Very well then. Who wants to start?" Lupin asked as we approached the cabinet. 

(Multiple mentions of homophobia, death, and abuse mentioned ahead!)

"What's the worst that could happen," Blaise said and stepped forward.

The creature transformed into him. Except this Blaise wasn't stereotypically attractive. He was quite a bit heavier, and he had scars covering his face. He was short, and his nose was much too long. The sound of laughter came from his boggart. 

"Ridikulas!" Blaise yelled, and his boggart turned into a drag queen version of it and started to dance along to the sound of Lupin's record player. 

"Very good, Mr. Zabini," Lupin told him.