Mattheo Riddle

(AN, sorry updates have been a bit spotty, my social life has unexpectedly been active. I will try to get back to a more consistent schedule. Question of the day: How are you all feeling about the crew? Please enjoy!)

"How could you do this!" Luna screamed once we were back in the room. 

"Excuse me?" Kyra asked, her eyebrow raised.

"Mattheo has never done anything to not make us trust him! How could you betray us? How could you betray me?" Luna asked her, her small hands shaking with anger. 

"I didn't betray anyone!" Kyra yelled back; her features neutral. 

"It sure feels like it. I want hot chocolate, and it hurts being in the same room as you right now," Luna told her, tears in her blue eyes.

"Kyra," I said quietly, once Luna had left the room. 

"I don't trust him," Kyra whispered. 

"But we do. Blaise does. Don't you trust us?" I asked her, sitting next to her. 

"I don't want him to hurt you again," Kyra mumbled. 

"He hasn't-" 

"He did in the second year. His brother is in his head. And it nearly killed you, Hayden! You didn't leave the room. You didn't eat! Your hair turned grey because of how much it hurt you!" Kyra told me, tears falling down her cheeks, "I don't want it to happen to you again." 

"And it won't," I told her, grabbing her hand, "In this life, we are going to get hurt. It would be my greatest honor if Mattheo Riddle was the one who hurt me." 

"That was corny as hell," Kyra told me, forcing a laugh. 

"Yeah, it was." 

"I can still picture you, laying on the bed, you looked dead. Your eyes were dead. It was worse than when you came home after last year," Kyra told me, "I hoped that if you left. If you picked Theo, then you would never have to hurt like that again." 

"And I see what you mean, but it won't happen again. I am trusting Mattheo with my life, I am just asking you to have faith in me as well," I asked her, "Plus me and Luna got some weird looks at the Slytherin table, and I miss being able to sit over at the Ravenclaw table." 

"Tomo is terrified," Kyra told me. 

"We all are." 

"His sister is dead." 

"He won't have the last causality," I warned her. 

"And that is horrifying. I have a bad feeling about this Triwizard Tournament," Kyra told me. 

"We are all too young to compete," I explained.

"We are. I am sorry I've hurt you and Luna," Kyra said lying on her bed. 

I climbed into bed next to her, "I am sorry you have to live in such fear." 

"Want to share a bed tonight?" Kyra asked me. 

"I planned on it," I laughed, turning to face her. 

"Goodnight, Hayden," Kyra told me, grabbing my hand. 

"Goodnight, Kyra." 

Time Skip - time to pick

"What are they doing here?" Theo asked as me and Mattheo sat at the table. 

"This is my house," I replied harshly. 

"It isn't his," Theo remarked. 

"He's my boyfriend," I told him coldly. 

"Oh, so it's official. I told you, Tomo. He has control over her," Theo said, glaring harshly at Mattheo. 

"I get why Tomo is scared," I told Theo, "He had to watch his sister die. If I saw Harry die it would fucking destroy me. He has Voldemort in his head, saying Merlin knows what. And Tomo has had one blow-up. He sits quietly, snuggling up to Aiden, trying to avoid further drama." 

"What is your point?" Theo cut me off. 

"Tomo has a reason to be scared and angry. Aiden is going to defend the boy he loves," I explain, "I get it. I always defend Mattheo. But you Theo. You are just a jealous coward." 

"Excuse me?" Theo yelled, getting in my face. 

"You are a jealous coward. If you are going to get this close to me, you better not be afraid to fucking fight," I replied harshly, gripping my wand. 

"Go back to the snakes where you belong," Theo spat at me. 

"Did you forget that you too are a snake," I replied. 

"Guys stop. I had no right to be angry at Mattheo!" Tomo said, "I was scared, but I never meant to start a war." 

"Tomo sit down. You need people to fight your battles. After all, if we aren't careful, we are going to make it easy for Mattheo to kill all of us. Just like with your sister, Tomo." 

"What is your problem!" I yelled, slapping Theo. 

"I thought we would always be friends," Theo replied, holding his cheek, "And now, I view you as an enemy." 

"I thought we would always be friends too," I said coldly, "Turns out you never viewed me as a person, but an object to be won. Get away from the Ravenclaw table." 

"Gladly. Aiden, Tomo, let's go to the Gryffindor table. Unless Tomo, you want what happened to your sister to happen to Aiden," Theo told him, his eyes still on me.

"I'm sorry," Aiden said as he walked past me. 

"Kyra?" Theo asked, finally pulling his eyes from mine. 

"I don't trust Mattheo," Kyra announced, "But my boyfriend and my best friend do. And I trust them. I am staying." 

"You really are a disappointment to the Cortex name," Theo told her before storming off. 

"He's wrong," Blaise said as I sat down. 

"Are you okay, darling?" Mattheo asked me, as Dumbledore announced who would be competing. 

"I have everyone who matters. I am perfectly fine," I respond, forcing a smile. 

"Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore announced. 

"Damn, I am straight but that is a fine woman," Kyra noted. 

"I concur," I respond, staring at that fine woman. 

"Viktor Krum!" 

"I am straight, but I'd suck his dick," Blaise told us. 

"I concur," Mattheo said, making us all laugh. 

"And from Hogwarts, Cedric Diggory!" 

"See Kyra, there was nothing to worry about," I told her smiling. 

"We are safe this year," Luna said, kicking her feet, "And thank you for staying. It means a lot." 

"I'd always stay for you," Kyra said hugging her. 

Suddenly the cup went bright red and two sheets of paper shot from it. Everyone held their breath as Dumbledore read the names. 

"Hayden Potter!" 

"Of fucking course," I mutter. 

"And Mattheo Riddle!" 

And nothing would ever be okay again.