Detention

(AN, I feel like y'all are not appreciative of my angst, so I present more. I expect gratitude lol. Question of the day, what do you think her patronus will be? Homophobia trigger warning.)

"Welcome to detention!" Umbridge announced, her voice cheery. 

We sat in her disgustingly pink classroom. We saw pictures of kittens up and down her walls. And she sat above us, smirking evilly down on us. 

"Professor," I start. 

"Yes, dear? Do you have an apology?" Umbridge asked me.

"I just wanted to say, you are the reason why people think all Slytherins are dicks," I replied to her, a fake grin on my face.

Theo let out a laugh beside me but tried to cover it up as a cough. She glared down at both of us as Theo leaned into me laughing so hard. His laughter caused me to chuckle myself. So, Theo and I, staring into the face of pure evil, fucking laughed.

"You two won't be laughing for much longer!" Umbridge shrieked at us. 

"What is our punishment, professor?" Theo asked from beside me, a shit-eating grin still prevalent on his face.

"You two will be writing lines," Umbridge said, and I scoffed. 

She talked so much shit, and all we have to do is write lines. Pathetic.

"How many times?" Theo asked her. 

"Until the message sinks in. You will be using my quills," Umbridge said and me and Theo sat at the desk. 

I inspected the quill and wanted to be sick. I've read about these quills in previous Defense Against the Dark Arts books. They are blood quills, these are torture. Just because I used to cut myself doesn't mean I want a quill that cuts me. 

"You haven't given us any ink," Theo said confused.

"We won't be needing any for her blood quills," I snapped out harshly, glaring at the toad-faced woman. 

"Aren't you just so bright?" Umbridge said with a fake grin. 

"Isn't that the point of us Ravenclaws?" I asked with a fake innocence. 

"You girl will be writing, I will learn my place as a woman," Umbridge told me, "And then I want you to switch hands and write, I will learn to hold my tongue." 

"Yes, professor. I've fought Voldemort and won. Your quills don't scare me," I replied darkly, faking all confidence. 

"Then you may begin. You boy," Umbridge said turning to Theodore then smiling sweetly, "shall write, I will not be a faggot." 

"That's a fucking slur you toad-faced bitch!" I proclaim loudly. 

"Hold your tongue!" Umbridge screamed at me. 

"This is a crime!" I scream, boiling with rage. 

"Imperious!" She shouted, and I felt the spell trying to take over. 

"We aren't scarring our skin with your hate," I replied, my rage and determination fighting the illegal spell. 

"Crucio!" She shouted, pointing her wand at me. 

I fell to the ground in screams of pain. I withered on the floor as tears flowed from my eyes. 

"Stop it! Stop it!" Theo screamed, "I am writing!"

Theo started to write and she let up the spell. He grimaced in pain but continued to write. I forced myself up on shaking legs and sat in my seat. I grabbed my quill and began to write I will learn my place as a woman. She let Theo go after a faint scar appeared, she didn't let me switch hands until I was pouring blood. I fought through the pain as I wrote I will hold my tongue with my other hand. I refused to cry; she didn't earn the honor of seeing me cry in pain. 

"You may go. I hope it sunk in," Umbridge said with a grin. 

I bowed to her before leaving the room. Mattheo was right outside the door, and he saw my hands immediately. He immediately pulled his wand out and healed my hands, but the scars remained, nevertheless.

"Yours were worse than Theo's," Mattheo told me, "Your bracelet charms found me."

"I continued to say what I believe," I replied. 

"Then you are more foolish than I thought," Mattheo dismissed me. 

"Foolish!" I shouted.

 "Yes. Just shut up and deal with her. God, you are so reckless, I don't understand how you aren't a Gryffindor," Mattheo told me coldly. 

"I am so sorry that I say what I believe. That I have passion worth fighting for!" I screamed at him angrily. 

"Oh, someone's having a bipolar moment," Mattheo mocked me.

I went silent and stared at him in awe. He scoffed at me before turning around. 

"Just because you are too scared that your passions may follow your brother's too closely, doesn't mean the rest of us should have to hide away ours," I spat at him angrily.

"What did you just say!" He asked, turning to me with rage in his eyes. 

"There's no hiding it! Everyone knows you are so afraid of being just like him that you would rather be passive than passionate!" I screamed knowing it wasn't true but being too angry to care. 

"You were a mistake," Mattheo told me coldly, staring down at me. 

"And you will be a bigger one," I replied, glaring right back. 

We both turned and stormed away from each other. I went up to the astronomy tower and collapsed onto the floor sobbing. I went too far. He went too far. I started the year in love, and we are not even a full week in, and I've fucked it up. I knew there were dangers in coming off my meds, but I hated the way I felt on them. I just have to level myself out and then it will be fine. It has to be fine. Then me and Mattheo can fix it! We can still fix it right? God, have I fucked it up too much! 

"Hayden, what's wrong?"