Letters

(AN, sorry for the delay, here is the chapter, it's a bit shorter since I'm still not mentally 100%)

"Oh shit, that is a red letter," Kyra said as the own dropped a letter at breakfast. 

"What do we do?" Aiden asked as the Slytherin boys gave us apologetic looks before leaving us and going to their normal table.

"Traitors!" I yelled after them as Kyra slowly opened her letter. 

"GREAT! JUST GREAT! ANOTHER WAY TO DISAPPOINT US AND BRING SHAME TO THE ENTIRE FAMILY! WHY DOE YOU HATE YOUR FAMILY NAME KYRA? JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GET HOME IF YOU ARE CAUGHT IN TROUBLE ONE MORE TIME, WE WILL PULL YOU FROM HOGWARTS IN ORDER TO ENSURE YOU GET PROPER TEACHINGS AT HOME! TRY AND BE MORE LIKE THAT BOY DRACO, AT LEAST HE BRINGS A GOOD REPUTATION TO THE ELITE!"

"Huh," Kyra said stunned as an owl dropped a regular owl in front of me. 

"Let's get you out of here," Aiden said standing with Kyra, but I was frozen. 

"Hayden?" Aiden asked as Kyra rushed from The Great Hall, laughter following her. 

"I'll be right there," I mutter, still staring at the letter. 

To Hayden. From The Dursleys. 

I slowly opened the letter. Everything in me told me to not do it, but the curious side of me couldn't stop. I felt someone's eyes on me and looked up to see Mattheo. He was just staring at me, odd. I finally got the letter open and regretfully started to read. 

Dear Hayden, 

I can't believe you. You go to this fancy boarding school and forget your teachings. Be seen and not heard, don't step out of line, and don't disappoint. How could you forget? Just wait until this summer. This will take a very special type of punishment...

There was more but I couldn't read on. I felt my breakfast rise in my throat and before I could stop myself, I had puked. In the middle of the great hall. Kids pointed at me while laughing, and I sat in complete panic. Mattheo ran over and helped me up. We left The Great Hall with me still in a daze. I was still clutching the letter, and I started to feel sick again. We made it outside before I threw up again, my entire body shaking, and my breath unsteady.

"What does the letter day?" Mattheo asked, staring at me.

I had clutched it so tightly that the letter had torn. Mattheo gently forced the letter from my hands and made out what he could. I still couldn't breathe and still couldn't calm down. 

"You are never going home again," Mattheo told me, but it was all fuzzy in the background.

"I need Theo," I choked out, Theo can fix how I feel. 

"What why?" Mattheo asked, almost hurt. 

"I can't breathe," I gasped out. 

Mattheo silently left and Theo came running out. He pulled me into him and rocked me back and forth. He did a breathing exercise with me and after twenty minutes I had calmed down.  

"Want to hang out in me and Zabini's room until detention? The only other person in the room is Mattheo, so you could take a nap," Theo offered and I nodded yes.

"I have class, but I'll tell the professors you are ill. You threw up in The Great Hall so it is believable," Theo told me, "The bathrooms that way so you can take a quick shower, and then you can lay in my bed and take a nap." 

"You're the best, Theo," I told him, giving him another hug. 

I took a shower and then returned to the room, collapsing on Theo's bed. I slept for a few hours and when I woke up Mattheo was sitting in his bed reading. 

"Rise and shine, darling. You were out cold," Mattheo told me, not looking up. 

"Sorry about earlier," I said sheepishly, "I know you wanted to help." 

"I'm not the most comforting in those times, I get it," Mattheo told me honestly.

"You are one of my best friends, Mattheo. Plus this letter just means we get to hang out more this summer at The Leaky Cauldron," I told him, hoping he wasn't mad about me pushing him away earlier. 

"I worry I am too much darkness for you, Potter," Mattheo told me. 

"You aren't. I promise."

"Don't make a promise when you don't know the whole story. My fate is sealed Potter, and I don't think you'll like it," he told me, "It may be better to end this friendship here."

"If your fate is so sealed then why reach out after you knew?" I pushed. 

"It seemed easier to try and corrupt you before I got attached to you." 

"We are eleven Mattheo. Our fates are far from sealed and there is good in you. Not as much as Aiden has, but good nonetheless. You aren't too much darkness for me Mattheo." 

"You are naive." 

"Yeah, well I have a few mental issues, so it shouldn't surprise you," I said making him laugh. 

We sat in a comfortable silence until it started to get dark. I knew I would have to get ready for detention, and I didn't want to go. Part of me just wanted to stay in the room with Mattheo just a little bit longer. I know he was trying to push me away; he thinks he needs to protect me from all evil, including himself. But he isn't evil.

Right?