Chapter 6: First Game

(Question of the day, would it ruin the reading experience if I incorporated modern music? I won't be using any technology or anything else, just music. Comment your thoughts.)

"I'm going to be sick," I mumble, staring at the toast in front of me.

"You're a first-year, no one is expecting you to be great," Aiden said trying to encourage me.

"Yes, they are," Blaise said, sitting with us.

"Can you be a bit more encouraging?" Kyra scolded him. 

"She already knows, look at her!" Blaise argued back, motioning toward me. 

"Thank you so much, Zabini," I mutter, trying to force some toast down.

"I have full faith in you, Potter. Your brother literally choked on the snitch, looked pathetic doing that. At least we know you won't choke on the snitch," Blaise said, offering me a smile.

"Zabini, I love you and everything, but please stop trying to help me," I begged. 

"Hello," Theo said, sitting on the table next to Blaise. 

"Don't you people have your own table?" Aiden asked confused. 

"Yes, but they're obnoxious," Both Theo and Blaise said at the same time. 

"Also, I come bearing a gift," Theo said placing a parchment on the table, "Harry got sent one, and you didn't. That felt like bull to me, and well, I'm rich."

I opened the paper and saw a Nimbus 2000, just like the broom that Harry got. I let out a squeal of excitement as I observed. I yelled a thank you and hugged him. Theo froze for a second before wrapping his arms around me.

"As much as I hate to ruin a moment, it's time to head to the pitch," Roger said coming behind us.

"Good luck," My friends all told me as I followed him. I was gripping the broom so tight that my knuckles were turning white. I was slightly shaking, nervous to mess everything up. I changed as fast as I could and stood outside to enjoy some fresh air while everyone finished changing.

"Are you going to be as spectacular as your brother?" a voice asked, bringing me from my thoughts.

"I don't know," I mumbled.

"Listen, I know he's a Gryffindor so that should make him cooler and shit," Mattheo said looking down at me, "But something tells me that you are the cooler twin."

"He's definitely the cooler twin," I corrected him. 

"Maybe to others, but he doesn't appeal to me like you do," Mattheo responded, "I came to wish you luck. I'd hate to see you fall to your death."

"Thank you?" I responded with, a small smile.

"There it is. Keep the smile and beat Hufflepuff's ass. I'll see you around, Potter," Mattheo said with a smirk before he walked toward the stands.

I went back into the tent, slightly stunned. Roger came out from the changing room a few minutes later and gave us our inspirational speech.

"Alright guys, if you've been on the team before you know what I'm going to say," Roger announced, making a few people laugh, "Don't fuck up."

Roger got down and I started to laugh. Is that his whole speech? We all followed behind him. I stood beside Roger and stared out. 

"You got this kiddo. Just have fun," he told me, and I nodded my head.

"Harry did well at his debut game. I have to be better," I said simply.

"Sibling Rivalry, I like it," he said smiling.

We all flew out and did a few rounds around the pitch. I heard people yelling and cheering as the air flew through my hair. I felt like everything moved in slow motion and like I was meant to be here in this game. Like being in the air is my home. I went over to the hoops and prepared for the match.

"Potter is our Keeper! Potter is out Keeper!" I heard the Ravenclaws chant making me smile.

I watched as Madam Hooch had the captains shake hands, and I gripped my broom tightly. Suddenly everything went into chaos. I watched the beaters hitting bluggers around the pitch as Roger threw the Quaffle through the hoops to score. 

"Yeah, Roger!" I cheered happily.

I saw a blugger coming so I did a 360 to avoid being hit. Once I was back in my position, I saw a Hufflepuff throw the quaffle in. I let my instincts come in and blocked it, hitting the quaffle toward Chambers, one of the other chasers. Our chasers kept scoring and I didn't allow a single point.

"She blocks another one! Is Potter going to have a perfect game!" I hear Lee Jordan yell over the mic. 

Our chasers kept scoring, the Hufflepuff keeper is dealing with an injury, so it isn't surprising. Suddenly I heard another buzzing and felt the impact of a blugger hit my arm. I let out a scream and grabbed my arm as a red-hot pain overcame my body.

"I'm so sorry!" One of the beaters yelled.

I saw one of the chasers throw the ball and used the back end of my broom to block it. I hear people whispering as tears stream down my face. I see Roger throw the Quaffle in, and right after the whistle was blown. I looked down and saw the Hufflepuff sneaker holding the snitch. I want to cry even more now. 

"The winner of this match is Ravenclaw with a score of 160 to 150!" Lee Jordan yelled.

"What?" I ask on the ground.

"You didn't allow a single point, Potter. The snitch is worth 150, it doesn't guarantee a win," Roger explained. 

"Wait does that mean?"

"Yes. I'd say you were greater than your brother. Now let's get you to Madam Pomfrey, that arm is swelling," Roger told me. 

By the time we made it to the hospital wing my friends were waiting for me. I sat down on a bad and Madam Pomfrey pushed everyone back so she could heal me.

"Did you win?" She asked me.

"Yes ma'am!" I said with a smile.

"Good. It's healed up. I'm going to have you stay overnight just to make sure you are all good," she said with a smile.

"That was awesome!" Aiden exclaimed.

"I can't wait to join you on the team," Kyra said excitedly. 

"Was Harry there?" I ask my friends with a smile.

"No, he wasn't," Theo told me after a few seconds of awkward silence. 

"Why not? I was at his game," I said confused. 

"I'm not sure, but don't let it bring you down. The other team caught the snitch, and you were so good it didn't matter," Blaise said with a smile. 

"Yeah, that feels good," I tell them honestly. 

"It should, we could win the Quidditch Cup this year!" Aiden said with a smile.

"Now, now boy, I don't think so," Theo laughed at him.

"Your keeper isn't as good as mine," Aiden said with a smirk, 

"Alright, she needs to rest. Argue in the hall," Madam Pomfrey told them and ushered them out. 

I fell asleep shortly after, tired from the match. When I woke up it was late at night, everything around me was dark. I looked over on the bedside table and noticed something. It was a chocolate frog with a note that read, I told you that you were cooler than your brother.

I smiled at the note, before opening and eating the frog. I looked at my chocolate frog container and noticed that I got Nicolas Flammel. I wonder who he is. I let out a shrug before laying back down and falling asleep. All I know is today I was great. Not Harry, me. 

And that's never been the case before.