Falling

(AN, thank you to my readers! As an update, I am failing Psych, but who needs that anyway? Please comment on your main predictions for the upcoming events. Enjoy the chapter loves!) 

Mattheo's POV

"Hayden!" I screamed as I raced forward. 

Blaise and Theo rushed with me as we watched her fall from the sky. Kyra was screaming, seeming to be in shock as she watched her friend plunge to her death. Hayden's red hair was floating elegantly in the wind as she fell hard and fast. If I wasn't so worried about her life, I could focus on how truly stunning she is. She is an ethereal kind of beautiful. A once-in-a-generation kind of beautiful. I raced and put my hand out to catch her. I felt her hair in my hands, and it slipped through my fingertips. 

"No!" I shouted as her body hit the ground and a sickening thunk rang out into the air. 

Gasp were heard around us as I jumped off my broom to be by her side. "Don't die on me, darling. I will never forgive you." 

"M-matt, I'm sorry," she whimpered out before her eyes closed. 

"Help! Someone help her!" I shout, holding her soft hand in mine, and I felt everything in me break.

Snape lifted her in the air to take her to the hospital. I sat on the quidditch pitch in complete shock. Blaise landed next to me and sat next to me. Hayden and Theo ran to follow them to the hospital. I just sat and stared at where she fell. 

"Mate, it isn't your fault," Blaise told me. 

"If I was five seconds faster I could have caught her," I told him, my voice was void of emotions, "It is all my fault." 

"No," Blaise said, looking up to Dumbledore, "It's his. Everything is. I have to do something." 

"Mate, don't be dumb," I warned him, still not taking my eyes from the pitch. 

"I will always be dumb if it means protecting her," Blaise told me, standing up and brushing off his cloak, "And you would too. I know you love her." 

"I am dangerous," I told him. 

"Look around," Blaise told me, "You are the least dangerous part of her life, and you make her the happiest. I'll be back. Keep me updated."

"I got you," I said, and once no one else was in the pitch I let one singular tear fall down my cheek. 

She better be okay. 

Blaise's POV

"How dare you?" I demand, storming into Dumbledore's office. 

"Excuse me? That is no way to speak to me Mr. Zabini," Dumbledore lightly scolded. 

"When Harry fell, there was a protection spell. Why was it not present in her game!" I yelled at him, balling my fist at my sides. 

"I wasn't aware she would need it-" 

"Were you aware Harry did? Or do you just actually care about what happens to your precious little boy who lived? Well, guess what? That's bullshit! Hayden survived. She is the superior twin!" I continued yelling, shaking with anger. 

"You have no clue what she has the potential to be," Dumbledore told me. 

"No! You don't get to try to put her into a tiny box so she fits your sociopathic ideals. Hayden is brilliant, smart, and kind. And you will never do anything to harm that girl again!" I shout. 

"Mr. Zabini-" 

"Sir, the only reason you are still here is because Hayden doesn't think I will survive in Azkaban. I am willing to test that if pushed," I said lowly. 

"Are you threatening me?" Dumbledore asked. 

"You aren't so far from your own fall." 

"You are dismissed," Dumbledore told me. 

"Gladly. Your office is a suffocating conundrum," I told him before leaving. 

"Holy shit," I mumbled to myself, "I just did that." 

Mattheo's POV

"You need rest," Madam Pomfrey. 

"I need to be here when she wakes up," I told her, my eyes still on Hayden's pale grey tips. 

"If-"

"She will wake up," I cut her off, "I know it's against policy, but I can't leave her." 

"I am going to tell you to leave. Then I will turn around. What you do I won't see from the backroom," Madam Pomfrey told me. 

"Thank you," I whispered. 

"Good to your room Mr. Riddle," Madam Pomfrey told me. 

I got into her bed and lay next to her. I pulled her body into mine, holding her tightly. I breathed in her scent, and I hoped she would be okay. 

"You have no clue what you are to me, darling. From the beginning, everyone saw me as a threat. I was dangerous. No one wanted to befriend me. No one, except the one who had a reason to be fearful of me. You never judged me for who my family is, and you believe I can be good. 

I didn't believe in love. My mother abandoned me at birth, saying I would be just as despicable as my brother. And my dad, well he tried to beat me into goodness. I never knew what a loving touch was until you. You don't get to do this. You don't get to make me fall for you, and then leave. I can't handle it, Hayden. 

I would never pressure you. But Merlin, I hope you pick me. Because if I am truly honest with myself, I love you. You are the first person I have truly ever loved. And that is overwhelming and beautiful just like you, and Merlin, I need you to wake up, darling. Please just wake up." 

"I love you too, Mattheo," a soft whisper filled the silence of the room, and for once, everything in me felt at peace.