swimming

(AN, have fun and enjoy! Comment what's been the biggest twist so far or what you think is to come. Enjoy!)

"Borderline personality disorder," I repeated back to Poppy. 

"I know it seems like a lot, but it can be managed," Poppy told me. 

"I have to go. I have the second challenge today," I told her and stood up. 

"I know that the symptoms seem bad, and they are. But it doesn't make you a bad person," she told me. 

"I have uncontrollable anger, and I feel emotions at ten times the rate of others. I can completely split on people. I have every personality trait to make me a bad person," I replied before leaving.

I went up to my room and changed into a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. I put on a sports bra as well. I put my hair in a braid and put my wand in my hair through the braid. I have been practicing scuba spells and feel confident for this challenge. I noticed Kyra and Luna weren't here, but I figured they had already gone to get good seats for the event. I arrived and approached Viktor. 

"Are you ready?" Viktor asked me 

"I think so," I replied, my hands shaking and my hair purple.

"What do you think the treasure is?" Viktor asked me. 

"I honestly don't know," I said looking for Kyra or Luna.

"Why aren't you next to Mattheo? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your company, but isn't he the love of your life?" Viktor asked me.

"Um, yes. No. It's confusing. Hey, do you see Luna?" I asked knowing he had talked to her. 

"No, I haven't seen Hermione either," Viktor said, butchering her name. 

"Kyra is also gone. And so is Nott," I replied looking into the stands. 

"And Fluer's sister," Viktor acknowledged. 

"Holy shit," we both muttered.

"Where is Luna?" Mattheo asked approaching me. 

"Welcome champions!" Dumbledore yelled, "You will have one hour to retrieve your treasures!" 

"Luna is your treasure!" I replied, my hands shaking as I grabbed my wand. 

"She is thirteen! Why would they do this!" Mattheo shouted, pulling out the stopper on his potion. 

"Kyra is mine!" I shouted, casting a scuba spell. 

"On the count of three, you will be good. One! Two! Three!" Me and Mattheo jumped into the water. 

"Are you okay?" Mattheo asked me, bubbles coming from his mouth. 

I nodded my head. We both started to swim down, fighting against currents. I saw Viktor ahead of us and Fleur was behind us. Now where Cedric is, I have no clue. I heard a scream through the water and saw that Fleur's bubble had broken, forcing her to swim up. I went to go after her, but Mattheo grabbed me. 

"We can get her sister too!" Mattheo told me. 

I nodded again and we continued to swim. I started to shiver as we swam down. Suddenly I felt like I couldn't breathe. I started to scream, losing more air. I was thrashing in the water as panic settled in me. I saw purple hair surrounding me as black spots filled my vision. 

"Drink this!" Mattheo shouted, pouring a vial of liquid down my throat. 

Black spots filled my vision as I felt the potion started to work. When I had calmed down both Viktor and Mattheo were next to me. 

"Are you okay?" Viktor asked me. 

"Yes. Let's go. I am sorry!" I said through the water. 

"Cedric is already back," Mattheo told me.

"How do we save Fleur's sister?" I asked the two boys as we approached the others. 

"We need a distraction," Viktor said. 

"I have an idea," Mattheo said, "Hayden no matter what, promise me that you will get Luna to the surface." 

"Mattheo-" 

"Promise me!" he shouted, bubbles flying everywhere, making the three of us laugh. 

"I promise!" I respond. 

I grabbed some seaweed and used a transfiguration spell to turn it into a knife. I quickly cut all four of the treasures. Viktor grabbed Hermione and Fleur's sister, and I got Kyra and Luna. I saw the sirens approaching Viktor, looking angry, so I through the knife and struck one in the chest. That made them all scream in anger as the three of us started to swim up as fast as we could. Mattheo was shouting light spells to blind the sirens as we approached the surface. I heard Mattheo shout and realized that he had been grabbed.

"I have them. Save him!" Viktor said, grabbing the others. 

"Thank you!" I shouted before swimming down. 

"Stupefy!" Mattheo yelled, trying to get away. 

"Inferior!" I shouted, burning some of the sirens and scaring others. 

I grabbed Mattheo's hand and we started to swim up. His leg was bleeding, and I was basically dragging him up with me as he tried to get the sirens away from us. 

"I will get you killed! Let me go!" Mattheo shouted. 

"I'd rather die with you than live leaving you behind!" I screamed, swimming with all of my might. 

We broke the surface and Viktor grabbed Mattheo from me. They both handed me their hands when suddenly I was pulled under. I let out a scream that was cut short. Mattheo went to jump in but was stopped due to his injury. Viktor was no longer half-shark and could not jump in after me. 

"You stabbed me!" The siren screeched. 

"You went after my friend!" I yelled, kicking at her head. 

She loosened her grip, and I swam back up. Viktor cast spells behind me and as soon as I broke the surface again, Mattheo and Theodore pulled me from the lake. I laid on the pier, my hair purple, and my hands still holding both of the boys.

A towel was laid on me as medics came to Mattheo's aid. I was exhausted. Everything in me was screaming that I needed a nap, but there wasn't time. Theodore walked away shortly after, not acknowledging what had happened, and I was okay with that. Dumbledore announced the winners, Cedric came first. Viktor came second. Me and Mattheo were tied for third. And Fleur was last. Mattheo came over to me and lay next to me, he too was exhausted. 

"She diagnosed you with something, didn't she?" Mattheo panted out. 

"It's bad," I replied, "I'll get it if you don't want to love me anymore." 

Mattheo grabbed my hand, "I will always love you." 

"I will too." 

But love wasn't meant to be forever for everyone within the Renegades.

But it was for me and Mattheo...

Right?