Godfather

(AN, so for the third year I won't be following the movie a whole lot. I hope you enjoy it! The question of the day will be at the end.)

"Hello, Professor," I said opening the door, and my friends piled in. 

"Professor McGonagle told me to expect you lot," Lupin told us. 

"So you are aware?" Aiden whispered, hiding behind me. 

"That you are now a werewolf," Lupin told him, "Yes, I am aware. Because I, myself, am one." 

"I fucking knew it!" Kyra and Blaise yelled. 

Lupin laughed at the two, "What can I help you with?" 

"Kyra did a reading, and she discovered something called an Animagus," I explained. 

"We thought it may be best for Aiden if he wasn't alone on the full moon," Theo explained. 

"And I want to know what my spirit animal truly is," Luna told him, a dreamy look in her blue eyes. 

"I went to Mcgonagle. She is our transfigurations professor, so I thought it would be best," Tomo started, "But she sent us to you." 

"Why did we get sent to you?" Mattheo asked him. 

"When I was at Hogwarts, I too was turned by a werewolf. Aiden, I am here if you ever need assistance," Lupin said turning to him. 

"Does it hurt?" Aiden whispered. 

"No. There are adjustments sure. You won't quite fancy baths anymore. But you won't be in any more pain," Lupin told him, "Now when I was at Hogwarts I was shy, awkward, and nerdy." 

"Like Tomo?" Theo asked, a smirk on his face.

"Be nice to Tomo," Luna said, smacking his arm.

"Worse than Tomo," Lupin said laughing, "My friends became animagus in order to help me feel less alone." 

"Who were your friends?" Kyra asked, sitting on the desk. 

"Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter," Lupin said, looking at me. 

"You knew my dad?" I asked him, my eyes widening.

"I was one of his best friends. Hayden, I am your Godfather," Lupin told me. 

"Holy shit. That makes sense," Blaise muttered. 

"Why are you just now telling me?" I asked him. 

"Let's talk after this meeting. The first thing you need to do is carry a single mandrake leaf in your mouth for a month. From one full moon to the next," Lupin said, "Luckily the full moon is in two weeks. From there I will assist you." 

"Thank you, Professor," Tomo said bowing to him. 

"Anything to help you out. You remind me of my friends. We were the marauders," Lupin told us. 

"We are the Renegades," Mattheo told him. 

"He said it!" Luna said happily. 

"You all are my family. I want to be known as a part of you," Mattheo said simply, "Not let Hayden get to know her Godfather. I need a smoke."

"Mattheo, I am required to tell you to not do that, and it is an unhealthy habit," Lupin informed him. 

"Don't worry, Flinch won't catch me," Mattheo said and Lupin sent him a smirk.

"I'll wait for you," Theo whispered to me as they left the room.

"Why did you not come for me?" I asked him, "I went through hell, and I could have been with you!" 

"I wasn't allowed to get you!" Lupin told me, "Hayden I loved you since I laid eyes on you. Your parents thought Harry was perfect, but when I looked at you, I knew you were the most perfect child I've ever laid my eyes on." 

"Why couldn't you get me?" I asked him softly. 

"Dumbledore didn't want you to live with a werewolf," Lupin told me honestly. 

"But he thought a rapist was better," I asked, my voice breaking. 

"I'm sorry Hayden. I took this job so I could be in your life. I want to save you, Hayden," Lupin told me. 

"I just don't want to feel that way again. Will living with you help me not feel that way again?" I whispered.

"The reason that Harry can't touch you know who is because your mother's love was so strong for him that it saved him," Lupin informed me. 

"My touch didn't hurt him," I told him. 

"No. But when you survived the curse, it wasn't your mother's love. It was mine. Your parents had basically given me custody. They were focused on Harry, and me. I took care of you," Lupin told me, "I may not be perfect. But Hayden I want to protect you. I want to save you." 

"I would like that too," I admitted, "Did my parents love me?" 

"They did in their own way," He admitted, "But not in the way me and Sirius did." 

"Wait?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. 

"Me and Mr. Park are much more similar than you think," Lupin told me. 

"Didn't Sirius put us in danger?" I asked him confused. 

"That is what they say," Lupin told me. 

"He wasn't the traitor," I said plainly. 

"Maybe I am blinded by the love I have for him," Remus admitted, "But I don't see how he could ever put you in danger." 

"Remus?" I asked him, "Can I live with you this summer?" 

"If you feel comfortable, you are always welcome Hayden." 

"Thank you," I said before hugging him. 

He hugged me back, holding me tight. I left the classroom, my hair was bright yellow. Theo was outside as he promised, and that also made me happy. 

"So?" Theo asked. 

"He is the best adult I have ever met. His love for me is what helped me survive the killing curse," I told Theo, "And I can live with him this summer!" 

"I'm so happy for you," Theo said wrapping his arms around me. 

"I finally have someone who truly loves me," I told him, my eyes filling with happy tears. 

"Hayden, Lupin isn't the only one who truly loves you," Theo told me. 

"I know. You guys are my family, and we love each other," I told him. 

"That's not what I meant," Theo told me. 

"What?" 

"We can't dance around it forever. Me and Mattheo both like you Hayden," Tho told me. 

"No, you can't-" 

"But we do," Theo told me, then realized what he said, "I have to go. Bye, Hayden."

Well fuck. Now what?

(Question of the day, what animal do you think the Renegades will be?)