Interviews

(AN, sorry for the delay, I've been hanging out with new people and that takes time and energy. Question of the day: Who do you think the traitor is? Self-harm warning ahead.) 

"I don't like this," I whispered, leaning against Mattheo. 

"How bad could this go?" Fleur asked. 

"This lady wrote a whole article about how an evil murderer I am," Mattheo told them, "And how it was despicable that another Riddle was aloud in Hogwarts." 

"Holy shit," Viktor muttered. 

"Was she wrong?" Cedric asked coldly. 

"Fuck off, Diggory," I replied. 

"Oh, so now you are brave enough to speak up. I was starting to think that your mouth only had one purpose," Cedric told me harshly, "After all, Rita Skeeter wrote an interesting article about you too." 

I pulled my wand and put it to his neck, "Yeah, that bitch wrote about me being raped by my uncle and made me out to be a fucking whore!" 

"There is no making you out to be one. You are a fucking whore," Cedric told me coldly.

"Take a step back, Diggory," Mattheo said, stepping between us.

"Alright competitors! Who should I pull first? How about the youngest, Hayden Potter!" Rita Skeeter announced. 

"Fuck me," I mumbled. 

"Hello, make yourself comfortable," Rita said with a fake smile. 

"Can we please get this over with, Ma'am?" I asked her harshly. 

"You seem tense. Worried your web of lies is going to come apart?" Rita asked me. 

"Fuck you. I haven't lied about anything," I replied curtly. 

"But haven't you? How did your name end up in the Goblet of Fire? Did you and Mattheo do this as a power couple move?" Rita asked me. 

"We didn't put our names in the fucking goblet! I don't know how it happened, but we didn't do it!" I spat. 

"What would your parents think, seeing you now? You aren't a Gryffindor, you are a liar, and you are with a boy whose brother killed them?" Rita asked me. 

"My parents love didn't save me. My godfathers did! So, fuck what my parents think of me, he is proud of me!" I screamed, "I'm done with this interview. You are just going to make up lies anyways."

I stormed from the room, my body shaking. My hair was a fiery red. I didn't respond when Mattheo, Viktor, or Fleur called after me. I ran to the lake and looked around to make sure that no one was around me. I accio'd my blade and sat by the lake holding the blade.

"Come on, it will fix it," I mumble, holding the blade against my wrist, "But it's been four months. Do you really want to lose that streak? Mattheo won't find you pretty."

I fought in my own head, and finally, I threw the blade down onto the ground and jumped into the lake. I went down and stayed down until my lungs were on fire. Then I swam back up, took a deep breath, and went back under. I felt black spots fill my vision and I enjoyed the pain of the lungs. I was just enjoying the pain until I felt arms wrap around me. 

Mattheo's POV

"Well, that was an embarrassment," Rita said coming out of the room, "Riddle you are next."

I sauntered into the room, turning my head back to see where Hayden had run off to. I went into the cramped room and sat across from this evil woman. See, people think that I am evil for being a Riddle, but they miss the true evils sitting in front of them. 

"So, Mattheo. How did you and Hayden do it?" Rita asked me, a fake grin plastered on her ugly face.

"We didn't," I replied shortly, not wanting to give her any more ammunition to use against me.

"Maybe you had help from some of your family?" She asked me. 

"My only family that you care about is dead," I told her harshly. 

"Maybe some family secrets have been passed down to you?" Rita asked, a smirk on her face. 

"I had no living family to pass them down to me. My family is dead," I told her, my voice staying neutral. 

"What do you think your brother would have to say about who you have become?" she continued. 

"I think he'd be quite disappointed that I have made a decision to be a better person than he ever was," I responded coldly. 

"Have you actually? Or are you just waiting for your moment to strike and betray everyone?" Rita asked me. 

"I am nothing like that," I replied standing up, "And if I was going to be evil and betray everyone. They would know. I'm evil not a liar." 

I left the small room, my body shaking with anger. How dare she? God, why does everyone think I am going to be like my brother? I am not him! I went down to the lake and saw something in the water. I looked closer and realized it was a person. Oh, Merlin, it is Hayden!

I quickly took off my robe and jumped into the water. I grabbed her around her waist and brought her up to the surface. We both gasped for air as I held her tightly. 

"Damn it, Mattheo!" she told me. 

"How long were you under for!" I demanded, refusing to let her go. 

"I was going to come back up!" she insisted. 

"What were you doing?" I asked her, as she leaned into me. 

"I didn't want to cut," she whispered. 

"So, you decided to drown yourself?" I asked her. 

"It burned my lungs," she told me, tears filling her eyes. 

"It is so dangerous," I told her, slowly swimming back to shore.

"I have to feel alive somehow!" she told me. 

"And you can't feel alive if you drown. Darling, we will help you through this, but not like this," I told her, moving some hair behind her ears. 

"I have a sickening feeling that I am running out of time. By the way, Fleur told me the task. It's dragons," she told me. 

"Of course it is. And you aren't running out of time, Hayden. We are too young to be running out of time." 

"I love you, Matt," she whispered, laying her head on my chest once we lay in the grass. 

"I love you too, Darling," I told her, kissing her head. 

I didn't realize that lives tend to run on a different timeline.