detention and tension

(AN, who is your favorite friendship and what are you most looking forward to?)

"If I break my leg, do you think I'll have to still go?" I asked Theo as we walked down to meet Blaise in the common room.

"It's Filch. He'd break the other leg and send you out into the forest while laughing," Theo told me. 

"I forgot he's crazy," I muttered. 

"Ready to go?" Blaise asked, standing up from the couch. 

"As I've been informed, I don't have a choice," I replied. 

"Who needs free will anyways," Theo said with a shrug. 

We just gave him a judgmental look before me and Blaise linked arms and skipped from the Slytherin common room. We met up with my fellow Ravenclaws and I engulfed Kyra into a hug. 

"You didn't deserve that," I whispered into her hair.

"And neither did you," Kyra whispered back. 

"Listen, as much as I would love to continue this meeting of family issues and why they suck, if we are late, we are going to die," Aiden told us as we pulled apart. 

The five of us walked to the outside of the castle. Once I felt the wind hit my hair I smiled and started to spin in it. The night was cool and the wind was crisp and it felt amazing. My friends smiled at me as I enjoyed the small little joy of life outside. 

"Alright dancing princess, let's go," Filch told me as he ushered me and my friends to where the golden trio and Draco were.

"Great both of the Potters are here," Draco scoffed. 

"And just when I thought this detention couldn't get worse, I see your ugly little face," I mutter with an eye roll. 

"I don't get how you two could hang out with scum like them," Draco hissed, "She's a dirty half-blood, Cortez is a blood traitor, and Park is scum. He's a mudblood!" 

"Take it back!" Theo yelled pulling his wand and standing in front of Aiden. 

"Make me, Nott!" Draco yelled and pulled out his wand. 

"Bloody hell, boys put your wands up!" Ron yelled. 

"I hate to agree with Weasley, but he's right," Kyra told them.

 They both lowered their wands while staring down at each other. Finally, Filch and Hagrid came back to us and ignored the glaring boys.

"Hagrid will be taking you lot into the forest," Filch said with a sinister grin.

"But there's werewolves in there!" Draco yelled, fear lacing his voice. 

"There's more than werewolves in there, Malfoy," Blaise said with a smirk, but even he gripped his wand tighter. 

"Zabini is right. Good luck, and hopefully I won't be seeing you lot at dawn," Filch said before he left us with Hagrid. 

"He just gives me such great vibes," I mumble under my breath making Harry laugh. 

I just glared at him and leaned into Blaise. Blaise put his arm protectively around me causing Harry to glare at us. We took off into the forest trying not to trip over roots and keeping our heads on a swivel. At one point, Kyra started to carry Aiden and Blaise carried me. Theo walked beside us, wand drawn, and ready to defend us if he needed to. After we stopped, Blaise kneeled so I could get down, and Harry glared at us again. Hagrid spoke up drawing our attention to him. 

"There is something that is killing unicorns in this forest," he told us.

"I thought that drinking unicorn blood cursed you?" Kyra asked, her eyebrows knitting together. 

"It does, but it can cause an infinite life," Hagrid said, and a chill went up my spine. I let out a shiver and my hair went purple. 

"Are you cold?" Blaise mumbled. 

"Just a shiver," I whispered back.

Blaise took off his robe and draped it over my shoulder. His arms were bare, but he didn't act like the cold night air affected him. 

"Stop flirting with my sister, Zabin!" Harry yelled. 

"Stop yelling, you will attract something to us," I tell him calmly. 

"You have become a snake," Harry hissed.

"You want to call me a snake. I was raped to protect you and you called me an attention-seeking whore!" I whisper-yelled.

"What?" Harry stuttered. 

"Yeah, there's a reason I always had more bruises than you. It's a shame. I do everything for you. I took beatings for you, I gave you what limited food we were given, I gave you more bed room in our twin-sized bed under those God-forsaken stared, and I went to your first quidditch game, Harry! But where were you when it was my first game? You never even visited me in the hospital," I said lowly, anger and disappointment evident in my voice.

"I didn't know I needed to do that!" Harry exclaimed. 

"And that's the problem," I said shaking my head, tears filling my eyes.

"Anyways. I will now split you up into groups. Granger, Weasley, Park, Cortez, and Nott are with me. That leaves Malfoy, Potter, Potter, and Zabini to go on the left path," Hagrid announced and I wanted to let out a major sigh. 

"Fine but we get Fang!" Draco announced.

"He's a bloody coward," Hagrid said with his shoulders shrugging. 

"Bloody amazing," Blaise muttered. 

We all started down the forest path. Me and Blaise had our wands drawn as Draco and Harry started to fight. 

"Are you okay?" Blaise asked me, "That was intense." 

"It was," I agreed, "But I needed to say it." 

Suddenly we came to a clearing and Malfoy let out a blood-curdling scream before he took off down the path we had come from. I saw a figure leaning over a dead unicorn, metallic silver blood was covering the forest floor. Suddenly my birthmark shot searing pain through my neck, and I let out a cry of pain as the figure looked up.

"Hayden, we have to go!" Blaise yelled, grabbing my hand as Harry went to walk forward. 

"But Harry-"

"Would Harry go back to rescue you!" Blaise yelled, cutting me off. 

My hair turned blue, and I took off running with Blaise in the other direction. He wouldn't come back for me unless he got the glory of saving me. He wouldn't care if I was in danger; he would just care about the spotlight he would receive for running into the danger. Harry never cared about me, he just cared about the attention that came with saving me.

Well, now I'm done saving him. I never wanted the fame or the spotlight. I was okay with being quiet and in the background. But not anymore. I will be greater than Harry. I will be better than Harry. I will no longer be Hayden Potter, the forgotten Potter twin. I will be Hayden Potter, the extraordinary twin. 

And I no longer care what happens to Harry in the process.