Quidditch World Cup

(AN, sorry for the delay! I have a huge twist coming up soon, so have fun! Question of the day, what is your dream car? Please enjoy!)

"Ready?" Mattheo asked the group as we all surrounded the portkey. 

"I get nauseous easily," Aiden whined. 

"Oh, good luck then," Theo said, interlocking fingers with Luna as we all prepared to go through. 

"That isn't reassuring," Aiden told him. 

"On three," Blaise's mum said, "One, two, three." 

I grabbed Mattheo's hand and placed my other hand on the portkey. He held onto me tightly as the world around us started to spin. When we finally landed, I fell immediately to the ground and Aiden emptied his stomach. 

"Aiden!" A familiar voice shouted. 

"Tomo!" Aiden said, wiping his mouth. 

"Tomo, what happened?" Kyra asked, and we all took a good look at him. 

His hair was extremely grown out, he had dark bags under his eyes, and he was much thinner than the year before. In the grown-out parts I saw bits of grey hair peeking through. A sign of extreme stress.

"My dad killed my sister," he whimpered, and Aiden immediately brought him into his arms. 

"I'm so sorry," Theo said, rubbing his back. 

"I have to be evil. He is in me," Tomo sobbed, and Mattheo tensed up next to me. 

"This isn't your fault," I murmured to the boy next to me. 

"I despise my brother deeply," Mattheo told me, his eyes staring at Tomo with intense guilt. 

"I'm sorry to ruin the mood," Tomo told us, wiping his eyes. 

"You aren't ruining the mood. We are your friends, and we want to be here for you," Luna told him, grabbing his hand. 

"What if I turn out like my family?" Tomo asked him, his voice barely above a whisper. 

"You are afraid of it happening. That already makes you better than them," Mattheo told him. 

"Like you are one to talk!" Tomo screamed at him. 

"W-what?" Mattheo asked, taken aback. 

"Tomo, maybe we need to get you some water," Aiden said softly, "Or whiskey." 

"No! Why are we friends with that monster? His brother is doing this to me!" Tomo screamed, his arms shaking with anger. 

"He isn't his brother, Tomo," Luna said, placing her hand on his face.

"Every time I look at him, I see a monster. He is going to be exactly like his brother," Tomo said lowly before walking away. 

"He's not wrong. How long until I am roped up into the family business?" Mattheo asked, before turning away. 

"What if Tomo is right?" Kyra asked, "We don't know that we can trust Mattheo. He has never truly fought against his brother." 

"Kyra, he is good! He would protect us!" I defended.

"I know you think so. I am going to find Tomo," Kyra said and went after him. 

"Blaise," Luna said looking up to the dark-skinned boy. 

"Yes, love?" Blaise asked her, looking conflicted. 

"I am Mattheo's child too. He would kill to ensure a cut never would be placed on my body. I trust him," Luna told him. 

"Then go after him," Blaise said softly. 

"Will Kyra forgive me?" Luna asked, her voice seeming scared.

"Kyra would have no right to be angry at all, little dove," Blaise said, before kissing her head. 

"I have to follow my boyfriend," Aiden said before leaving to follow Kyra and Tomo. 

"For the record, I never trusted him," Theo replied, staring at me as he said it, before following Aiden. 

"Blaise? Hayden?" Luna asked, her voice shaking. 

"I will always choose Mattheo," I replied to the young girl. 

"And I will too," Blaise us. 

"Really?  You aren't following Kyra?" I asked shocked. 

"In the first year, when you ended up in the hospital wing after the troll, Mattheo came in looking angry. He was desperate to save you, and to protect you. In the second year, he threatened anyone who was even remotely mean to Luna. And Mattheo has tried to protect all of us with distance. I don't believe Mattheo could be truly evil," Blaise replied. 

"Let's go find him," Luna told us. 

Suddenly a flash of green lit up the sky and when we looked up we saw the dark mark. Blaise tensed up next to me, instinctively grabbing his arm. 

"There's no way," Blaise muttered. 

"Blaise, we have to find Mattheo!" I shouted, realizing he is in danger. 

"All the Zabini's were death eaters. My father had the mark," Blaise muttered. 

"Blaise, you aren't like that! But we have to go now!" I yelled, trying to get him out of his trance. 

"I have him," Luna told me, "Please go find Matty." 

"Okay. Take care of both of you," I told her before running into the area of tents to find Mattheo. 

"Mattheo! Mattheo!" I screamed, my hair a bright purple, "Matt! Where are you!" 

"Well look who it is?" A voice behind me started. 

"Hello to you as well," I turned and faced Theodore Nott Sr. 

"It's the girl who thought she was too good for my son," he quipped. 

"No sir. But I do have the right to be with who I choose," I replied, looking around or people. 

"You will pay for this!" He shouted at me, "No one turns down a Nott!" 

"The Notts don't have a great history in the way they treat the women they love," I responded, my voice cold. 

"Crucio!" He shouted, and I waited for the extreme pain to hit me. 

Then the most heartbreaking sound I've ever heard filled the air. Mattheo fell to the ground, screaming and withering in pain. I quickly grabbed my wand and screamed, "Expelliamus!" 

Nott's wand flew from his hand, so I yelled, "Stupefy!" 

He flew back into a tree, and I kneeled down before Mattheo, "We have to go. I know it hurts!" 

"Why were you here? You should have left!" Mattheo grimaced as I helped him stand. 

"I couldn't leave you," I replied as we stumbled throughout the camp, hearing screams and cries for help. 

"You can't keep jumping into danger for me," he scolded as we got closer to where Blaise and Luna were waiting. 

"You just took the torture curse for me," I scolded him back, finally reaching the clearing. 

Blaise and Luna ran up and started to check on Mattheo. I sat next to him, holding his hand tightly as he leaned against me. After a few minutes, he leaned over and whispered into my ear. 

"Seeing you get hit with the spell would have been one hundred times more torturous, darling."