Having a Ball

(AN, ah I love making you readers paranoid. This is a chapter that should make a lot of you happy. Also, I want to point out that while Hayden's self-harm isn't specifically written, it does not mean it isn't happening. I will come into play later; I just didn't want it to be too dark! Question of the day, what has been your favorite chapter so far? Enjoy loves!)

Kyra's POV

"You really think we want to let you go to a ball with your pathetic blood traitor friends!" My father screamed at me. 

"It is at the Zabini Manor. Please," I begged my father.

"Will the mudblood be there?" My mother demanded.

"If Aiden wants to be yes. But so will Theodore, Tomo, and Blaise. I believe even Draco is attending!" I begged my parents. 

"No. You are still grounded!" My mother declared.

"How long am I going to be grounded for being a Ravenclaw!" I screamed. 

"Until you learn what the correct way of life is!" she screamed back at me. 

"That's it. You two will never be proud of me. Will you?" I asked them, feeling oddly calm. 

"How could we be proud of such a fucking disappointment?" my father inquired.

"I will gone by nightfall," I told them, "I would rather be homeless than trapped in a home with no love." 

"You will come crawling back!" My mother shrieked. 

"No, I won't." 

I ran up to my room and packed everything in my trunk. It was irrational. It was dumb. It was illogical. And I had to get out. I had to escape the hell of a place I should be able to call home. Once everything was packed, I put on a green jumper. Blaise's jumper. Merlin, when did I fall for that boy? 

"You will regret this," My dad told me as I walked out the front door, 

"I won't," I told them, "Oh and Happy Christmas." 

"Go," was all my mother said. 

I went out into the frigid weather as snow fell around me, landing in my hair. A bus appeared in front of me, and I knew it was a bus for misplaced wizards and witches. 

"Where can I take you?" the man asked me. 

"The Zabini Manor," I told him and sat in my seat before whispering to myself, "Take me to Blaise." 

Hayden's POV

"Thank you for letting us stay again!" I told Mrs. Zabini, 

"Anytime. This place is home for you now," she told me before kissing the top of my head. 

Luna arrived thirty minutes ago, and we are all awaiting Kyra. Then we can open gifts before the ball tonight. Suddenly a knock pulled all of us out of our conversations. Blaise smiled and ran for the door. The boy is so down bad for. When he opened the door, we saw Kyra. Her eyes were red and puffy, and mascara was running down her cheeks. 

"What happened?" Blaise asked her, kneeling in front of her. 

"I couldn't handle it anymore. I left. I have nowhere to go," she sobbed, as Blaise brought her into his arms. 

"You have a place here dear. I am so sorry that you were put through that," Mrs. Zabini said, approaching them with hot chocolate. 

"Thank you so much, Katherine," Kyra sniffled, sipping the hot chocolate. 

"You can take the room next to mine. We can be neighbors," Aiden told her when she came over to the couch. 

"I like that idea," she said, still leaning into Blaise. 

"I'm doing something tonight," Theo whispered to me. 

"That sounds a bit mischievous," I told Theo, as we all handed out gifts. 

"It's because it is." 

I received a hair kit from Kyra, a book on phoenixes from Aiden, nargle hunting glasses from Luna, some Japanese candies from Tomo, and makeup brushes from Blaise. Theo's gift made me smile. It was a moving photo of all of us at the lake when we first got back. I wasn't sure how he got it, but it meant everything to me. Then I opened Mattheo's gift and pulled out a charm bracelet. I realized that there was a charm to represent everyone important in my friend group. A lightning bolt for Harry, a book for Kyra, a rainbow for Aiden, a broomstick for Blaise, a light blue heart for Luna, a Japanese symbol meaning friend for Tomo, a bat for Theo, and for Mattheo, an emerald heart. 

"It's charmed. If a charm goes red, then the person whose charm it belongs to is hurt or in danger. You like to protect us, and you worry about us. Now you can know we are safe," Mattheo told me and helped me put on the bracelet. 

"It's beautiful, thank you!" I exclaimed and hugged him. 

I gave Kyra a collection of muggle classic books, I gave Aiden some new makeup brushes, for Tomo I gave him a Gryffindor jumper and a cup that says world's best son, for Luna, I gave her a locket with a family picture of her, her mom, and her dad, and I gave Blaise some potion ingredients. For Theo, I got him a snake ring with emerald green eyes. And for Mattheo, I gave him a simple silver bracelet with a sapphire heart. Like he did for me, I put it on his wrist, and he smiled at me. 

"Before you all go get ready, I have gifts for all of you," Mrs. Zabini said and handed us all a small box. 

We opened them up and saw different ceramic mugs. The colors matched what house we were placed in. On the front was our first initial, and on the back, it read Property of the Zabini Family.

"I figured that I give you all hot chocolate when you're sad, so now you have a cup for me to use," she told us. 

"These are incredible. Thank you," Mattheo said, inspecting his cup like it was the most valuable gift he had ever been given. 

"You are all welcome. Now go get ready for the ball!" She ushered us up the stairs.

Kyra's POV

"Are you sure this doesn't look dumb?" I asked, staring in the mirror. 

"Kyra you are hot," Hayden said, finishing her makeup. 

"So are you," I complimented, staring at myself in the mirror. 

"Come on. Let's go show everyone how beautiful Ravenclaws are," Hayden said, extending her hand out to me. 

We both walked down the stairs into the main area. I saw people staring at us as we descended the steps. But with all the eyes in the room on me, there was only one pair of eyes that mattered. Blaise Zabini. 

"You are stunning, babe," Blaise told me. 

I rolled my eyes, "I thought I told you not to call me babe." 

"May I have this dance?" Blaise asked me. 

"You may," I smiled. 

We danced to a slow song, and I enjoyed being in his arms. Blaise is one of the most attractive boys I have ever laid eyes on, and here I am. In his arms. How am I so lucky? I just wonder if he sees me as more than a friend. I heard Theo say a spell and looked to see one of the ice sculptures being transfigured into a flying pig. I laughed, remembering last Christmas. 

I will kill Zabini when pigs fly.

"Huh, a flying pig," Blaise said looking up. 

"Blaise," I whispered, my nerves running wild. 

"Yes?" he asked, turning down. 

I grabbed his neck, stood on my tiptoes, and kissed him. He was shocked for a second, but kissed me back, holding my back to help steady me. Everything else around me was chaos, but I have Blaise Zabini.

or at least I did.