Petrified

(AN, enjoy. Who is everyone's favorite friendship!) 

"Did you hear?" Theo asked running over to our table. 

"What happened?" I asked taking a bite from my apple. 

"That Gryffindor, Colin Creevy got petrified," Theo told us, sitting next to Aiden. 

"No way!" Kyra exclaimed, dropping her fork. 

"When?" Aiden asked as Blaise and Mattheo came over. 

"In the game last night," Blaise answered, sitting next to Kyra. 

"I can't believe they are making us play again today," Mattheo grumbled, sitting next to me. 

"I thought we were playing Hufflepuff?" I asked confused. 

"You were, but everyone thinks that it was either you or Mattheo," Theo explained. 

"Actually, people think you are doing it as a couple," Blaise spoke up, shoving some mashed potatoes in his mouth. 

"And because of that, Hufflepuff was scared to face you today," Theo finished, "Since they have so many muggle-borns on their team." 

"We aren't doing it," Mattheo spoke up, rolling his eyes. 

"Well, we obviously know that," Kyra told him. 

"But no one believes us," Aiden finished. 

"This is such shit. I prepared to be a keeper against Hufflepuff. Slytherin is so much more difficult," I complained, smacking my head against the table. 

"Cortez, Potter, let's go," Roger said approaching us. 

"That's our cue. I'll see you lot on the pitch," Kyra said standing up. 

"I hope you don't mind two losses in a row," I said with a smirk, putting my arm around Kyra. 

Me and Kyra followed the team from The Great Hall, and I heard people booing me as I left. I rolled my eyes and kept my head up. I didn't do it! I am not petrifying people! And if I was, why would I petrify some random Gryffindor? People here need more common sense.

"Are you okay?" Roger asked me as I changed into my gear. 

"Yeah, it's just dumb. Me and Mattheo aren't doing this!" I said frustrated, "And if it was me, you know who else would be the heir? Harry." 

"If it helps, we know that," Cho said to me, "We believe you, Hayden." 

"Thank you, Cho," I said offering her a smile.

"Anytime. After all, you are the best co-captain ever," Cho told me, and my hair went yellow at the bottom. 

"Damn right, I am. Alright, listen up team!" I said and everyone turned to me, "There is no need to play scared today. Me and Mattheo aren't petrifying anyone, after all, why would I go for Colin if I could go for Malfoy?" Everyone cheered as I said that, "So play hard. I can't lose to the Slytherins, or I will hear shit about this forever!" 

"Fuck up the Slytherins!" A fourth-year chaser yelled, and we all started to chant it, jumping up and down and laughing. My hair was a bright yellow as I chanted with my team.

"Alright team, it's time to go, and remember, "Roger started, "Don't fuck up." 

We all cheered and ran into the quidditch pitch. We all flew into our positions. I saw Mattheo sitting at the keeper position across the pitch from me. We both smirked at each other and flipped each other off from across the pitch. Blaise and Kyra were circling each other, and I knew this was going to be fun. 

"What a spectacle we have today! Isn't that right Aiden?" I heard Lee Jordan say into the mic. 

"Yes, it is! We have two of the brightest keepers facing off today. Mattheo let no points go past him against the Gryffindors yesterday, so it will be interesting to see how he fares today!" Aiden exclaimed. 

I saw Luna staring at the shiny gold scorekeeper buttons and it made me smile. We were all here together. Our group found something we could all be passionate about—even Theo, who kept pointing his bat at me menacingly. 

"I want a clean game," Madam Hooch said and I locked in. 

The game was intense, with me and Mattheo both blocking shot after shot. Both Cho and Draco were flying around desperately trying to find the snitch. With how good of keepers me and Mattheo are, they knew catching the Snitch was of the utmost importance. Theo hit a bludger at one of our beaters, successfully hitting him. 

"Oh damn!" I heard Kyra say as we all watched him fall. 

Kyra took a shot on goal, but Mattheo blocked her. He shot her a cocky grin and pretended to yawn like he was bored. I saw Blaise approach me with the quaffle, and I easily caught it and threw it to Roger. I looked up at the scoreboard and saw it was still zero to zero. Me and Mattheo really are the best keepers of our generation. Then I saw Luna look at the gold button, then her body froze, and she fell backward like she was a statue. 

"Luna!" I screamed, watching her fall. 

My focus was shifted as Blaise threw the Quaffle in, and it went through the hoop right as Draco caught the snitch. McGonagle cast a spell, that saved Luna from hitting the ground too harshly on impact. I didn't even care about the game; I just flew to my friend. 

"Please don't be dead!" I begged falling to the ground next to her. 

Luna was breathing, but her eyes were staring up at me coldly. My hair was a purple-blue color, and I grabbed her small body in my arms. 

"Help!" I screamed for anyone who would listen. 

Dumbledore was the first professor to arrive, followed quickly by Madam Pomfrey. 

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked, following them to the hospital wing. 

"She is only petrified," Dumbledore told me. 

"She's eleven! She isn't a muggle-born!" I exclaimed, looking at her innocent face. 

"Dear, she will be okay," Madam Pomfrey said laying her in a bed, "All we can do is wait for the Mandrakes to be of age before we can heal her." 

"What if she doesn't wake up!" I scream panicking. 

Theo was the first here, and when he saw me he immediately hugged me, "Blaise feels awful for the point scored." 

I barely acknowledged him as I just stared at her body, silent panic filling my lungs. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't catch my breath to do it. Theo was shaking me, but all I could focus on was Luna's body. 

"Hayden, you are having a panic attack!" Theo said grabbing my face and forcing me to look at him. 

"What if she dies!" I sobbed. 

"She won't. I need ice," Theo said to Madam Pomfrey who quickly got him some. 

He put it on the back of my neck, and it acted as a shock wave. I stared at him, finally pulling my eyes from Luna. 

"Take a few deep breaths with me," Theo told me and started to breathe with me. 

As soon as I calmed down the others came in. Kyra and Aiden were crying. Blaise and Mattheo seemed shocked. 

"Anyone who still says it was us are assholes," Blaise spoke quietly, staring at Luna's face. 

"She isn't a muggle-born," Mattheo told us, his eyes fixated on Luna. 

"Aiden, there's still time for you to go," Kyra said to the boy standing next to her. 

"No there isn't. They went after my friend, and now they must die." 

I was still shaking as I stared at Luna's body. And all I could think was, she won't be the last one petrified.