I Am not the Hero in His Storybook

(AN, hello! Welcome new readers! I am thinking about making a playlist for this book, what songs should I add? Please enjoy!) 

"I can't believe this!" Mattheo grumbled, staring at Aiden lying in his hospital bed. 

"They are talking about shutting down Hogwarts. Hermione was petrified too," Kyra muttered, her eyes not leaving Aiden's petrified body. 

Theo was holding onto me. I was leaning against him, and he was the only reason I was still upright. I can't believe I lost him. 

"I want to kill whoever did this to him," Blaise said, his hand still gripping Aiden's. 

"I'll help," Theo noted. 

"I am sorry, but visiting hours are up," Madam Pomfrey said coming up to us. 

"He's scared of the dark. Can I please stay with him," Kyra begged. 

"I shouldn't-" 

"Please, Madam Pomfrey. I'll do anything to stay with him. Please don't make me leave him," Kyra begged her. 

"I am going to walk to the back and not come back out. If I happen to miss you, then you can stay," Madam Pomfrey said before turning around. 

"Want to stay with me tonight?" Theo whispered to me.

"Please," I whispered. 

Me, Theo, Blaise, and Mattheo left Aiden and Kyra. My hair was a deep blue, and my body felt weak. Suddenly, all emotion felt like it left my body. I could no longer fully comprehend what was going on around me, and I didn't feel real. I couldn't feel the clothes on my skin, or Theo's arm around my waist. 

"Hayden," Blaise said, but it sounded muffled to me. 

"I'm fine. Just tired," I forced out, but my voice didn't sound real. 

I normally control when I dissociate, but I have no control over it now. I made it back into the boy's dorms, and Theo led me to his bed. He handed me some clothes to sleep in, and I started changing. I was too out of it to care that the boys could see me, but I trusted them. They would never hurt me. 

I lay on Theo's bed, and he pulled me into him. He held onto me tightly, and I just stared at his chest. For hours all I could do was stare at him and listen to the sleeping boys around me. The petrification of Aiden hurt, but because I am so dissociated, I am barely feeling it. This is bullshit. 

Time skip - A few weeks later

"Where is Mattheo!" Blaise yelled running up to me and Theo. 

"Why? What's happening?" I asked, my hair turning purple. 

"Kyra! Kyra was-" Blaise paused, and his eyes filled with tears.

"No," Theo said gasping. 

"I want to make sure he is okay. I know he's a prick but still," Blaise said panicking. 

I wrapped him into a hug and spoke, "They are targeting our group." 

"Who's next?" Theo whimpered. 

It was after hours; they wouldn't let us in the medical hall. But that wasn't going to stop us from trying. The three of us made it into the hall, but we saw a bunch of professors grouped together. I saw Harry and Ron staring at the corner, and we came up behind them. 

"Shush," I whispered staring at the wall. 

"They took my sister!" Ron whispered yelled panicking. 

"They also took Mattheo," Harry said, looking at me. 

"We have to save them," I said lowly. 

"Lockhart is handling it," Harry told me. 

"And you trust that git to save them?" Theo demanded. 

"We can do this without you," Harry said. 

"Do you not want all the help you can get?" Blaise demanded. 

"Harry, they are right. They want to save Mattheo, and I have to save Ginny," Ron begged. 

"I am willing to make a truce with you tonight. I have to save him," I told Harry. 

"Fine, only tonight," Harry said to me. 

"Only tonight," I agreed. 

The five of us ran up to Lockhart's office and we saw the coward packing. We all drew our wands out and Theo cleared his throat. 

"Oh, what are you five doing?" Lockhart asked us. 

"Where are you going?" Blaise demanded, glaring at him.

"Oh see, this is out of my League-" 

"Three of my friends have been petrified and Mattheo was taken into the chamber of secrets, and yet here I am," I snarled, raising my wand, and noticing my red hair.

"I just don't think I am qualified-" 

"My sister was taken down there!" Ron yelled angrily. 

"And isn't that a shame, but I cannot be of any help." 

"Yes, you can," Harry said, also raising his wand. 

"And you will. Follow us," Theo said lowly.

We all followed Lockhart to the bathroom. Ron and Harry were leading the way, and we were making sure that Lockhart didn't try to run away again like the coward he is. 

"How do we open it?" I asked Ron. 

"Something with this sink," Ron said staring at it. 

"Open," Blaise and I said at the same time. 

"Wait! Zabini is a parstletounge!" Ron exclaimed. 

"Zabini family secret," Blaise said with a smirk, leaning against the opening. 

"Well, you have the Potter twins, Zabini family secrets, and a twelve-year-old nic addict. You don't need me," Lockhart said, backpedaling away.

"That is where you're wrong," Theo said, after puffing out some smoke, "I'd rather you go first." 

"Better you than us," Harry said, cornering him to the entrance. 

We pushed him down and discovered it was all good for us to jump down after. I fought the urge to yell wee as we slid down. After all, it was a fun slide. 

"Slytherin's did good on that," I admitted. 

"Damn right we did," Blaise said with a smirk standing up. 

I felt my body starting to go out of it again. Theo took me to a corner, recognizing what was happening quickly. 

"Babe, come back to me," Theo said, pushing my hair out of my face. 

"I'm fine," I repeated, staring at a specific bone, as I tried to ground myself. 

I heard a muffled crashing sound go off around me. Theo grabbed me and ran forward. I looked over and only saw Harry, and suddenly a panic filled my clouded brain. 

"Blaise! Blaise!" I scream, running to the rocks. 

"I'm okay! Are you and Theo okay!" Blaise screamed. 

"We are okay! How are we getting you through?" Theo screamed, looking at the rock wall.

"Guys, we can't. We don't know how much time we have to waste!" Harry yelled at us.

"We can't leave them!" I shouted at him, my hair purple. 

"We have. That or we put Ginny and Mattheo at risk!" Harry yelled at me. 

"Blaise, we will be back shortly!" I yelled to him. 

"I'll go for help! Stay safe!" He screamed back. 

As we walked through the tunnel, I just hoped that Mattheo would be okay. I hoped that the mandrakes would wake up my friends. I hoped me and Theo would be safe with what was to happen. And I hoped if a sacrifice has to happen, we can sacrifice Harry. 

After all, I am not the hero in his storybook anymore.