47. scared little boy

He knew Mobius's name, having specifically searched for him too, it seemed. Though Mobius didn't know who he was, but he was scared. God, he looked so lost and scared.

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius.

Takes place after the finale of Loki season one.

///

Mobius's first instinct had been to comfort him, the stranger who had called his name. He was clearly hurt, terrified, though Mobius saw a wave of relief behind his eyes the second their eyes locked.

That relief was gone the moment Mobius asked him if he was an analyst, when Mobius asked for his name.

He might have even thought the man had gone bonkers, perhaps an injured to the head in a mission, but that couldn't be the case, because he knew him. And if Mobius had to guess, he'd say the man looked like he'd run a marathon trying to search for Mobius, too.

"What's your name?" Mobius asked, clear but not at all harsh. He noticed the stranger's attention was no longer focused on him. He was looking at the statue, the elegant statue of the Time-Keeper, and Mobius could see terror on his face as he took in the sight.

His shoulders, Mobius made a mental note, were trembling. A nasty cut on his arm was seeping out blood. Mobius suspected it was going to need to be stitched, too. He looked like he'd been through a battle of sorts; bruises here and there, other small cuts scattering over his pale skin, his hair disheveled and was covering parts of his face.

Scared little boy, Mobius thought. He was... surprised by the unexplainably urge of protectiveness, the surge of anger that swept Mobius off balance at the thought of something — something so terrible — happening to him that it resulted in this man — this scared little boy — looking beyond petrified.

"Hey," Mobius said again, when it looked like his new company had long lost his voice. A hand placed gently on his shoulder and he flinched, which made Mobius retract the hand back. The last thing he wanted to do, was startle him even more than he already was.

He looked back at him now, the scared little boy, and Mobius offered him a soft, gently smile, hoping it would at least comfort him, if only a little. He was aware of Hunter B-15's presence, the confused look on her face, which was to be expected, considering the fact the man seemed to appear out of nowhere then started talking what Mobius knew, for her, was gibberish. Though Mobius doubted it was gibberish, after all.

Hunter B-15 remained silence ever since his arrival. An unspoken rule, if Mobius had to guess. She knew Mobius was better at this than she was, at comforting people. And this young man, whoever he was, could use some comfort right now.

The man opened his mouth, like he wanted to say something. Like he needed to say something. He closed it and pressed his lips into a thin line after only a huff of air left his throat. Not so talkative anymore, Mobius noted.

Hunter B-15 switched her glance back and forth between them, at Mobius to see what he was doing next, and back at the stranger in case he might start talking again, which didn't look like it was going to be the case, at least not anytime soon.

"I'll go check on Casey," she said, breaking the silence. Mobius simply nodded, he got the message clear enough, the true meaning behind her words; you deal with this. Obviously he came for you, he called your name. Your problem now.

And if Mobius thought them being alone after B-15 excused herself might ease the stranger's mind and coax him into resuming to whatever it was he was trying to say, Mobius bit back a sigh when the stranger remained just as wordless. If anything it looked like he might break down into a series of tears and sobs, if he were to say anything now. And Mobius supposed that was why he didn't talk; he was afraid of himself falling on his knees and weeping right on the spot, that was how broken the man looked right now.