1. kneel

Great! Y/n cursed under her breath after, apparently, she just broke her heel and now, she had to walk bare foot. New York City at night was never her cup of tea, it was just too full of all the dirty, sinful stuff but since she couldn't find a taxi, walking home at midnight would have to do.

Just when she thought it couldn't get any worse, a roar coming from the sky followed by first raindrop and another and another... until it was pouring down on the luckless girl. It was in an instance that she didn't even have time to find a shelter and she was soaking wet. Are you kidding me right now?!

Y/n couldn't keep walking anymore. Due to how far it was from here to her destination, she'd get cold to death before she could set foot in the comfort of her house. Seemed like she needed to find somewhere to stay until the sky became clear again. But where? Looking left and right, there was no minimart, no coffee shop, no bus stop or anything that could prevent her from the rain that quickly turned into a raging storm. Fuck. Y/n span herself around, she knew better than to go into some stranger's and ask for a cup of warm tea. It's 2018. People weren't welcoming new faces into their residents anymore in fear they'd turn out to be a psychopath. Or if they were to welcome her, then there's a chance she might ended up walking into a serial killer's.

Y/n was about to give up her hope when her eyes landed on that pretty little blue light coming from an old factory not too far away. She knew it was abandoned years ago. So how come such shimmering light still shine from the place? It took y/n not long at all to realize it wasn't as important as the fact she was desperate to find a shelter and standing here in the rain trying to think of the answer wasn't helping at all. Thus, the girl put her hoodie on and quickened her pace to the grey building. Whatever was the source of the unexplainable glowing light, she'd find out soon enough.

~~~

With a malicious smirk on his face and the Chitauri Scepter in his hand, Loki stood proudly in front of the tesseract. He could almost hear the glowing blue crystalline cube-sharped calling his name. The crystalline cube that held the power of the universe. It's now presenting itself right in front of him. Usually, the God of Mischief didn't enjoy coming to earth much, the filthy uncivilized planet, but in order to reach one of the six infinity stones, Loki would go over the end of the galaxy.

The Frost Giant stretched his hand forward slowly, taking his time savoring the satisfaction he felt when, out of nowhere, a cranking noise breaking the silence halted his motion mid-way. Loki suddenly became fully alert his grip on the scepter tightened. No one was supposed to be in here. He thought he made sure of that.

"Fuck" Y/n cursed under her breath when she bumped into stuff, causing it to fell to the ground with loud noise. She didn't even notice the gorgeous yet deadly God now looking at her with his predatory stare.

"How did you get in here?" She almost jumped out of her skin by the unexpectedly question coming from behind. Y/n quickly turned around and the last thing she expected to see was a handsome man with long, black hair length around his shoulders, in strange black and green outfit wearing weird gold helmet with horns... and a scepter in his hand?

"Who are you, pathetic mortal?" The man asked again when he saw the confusion on her face. In fact, both of them looked just as confused.

"Ughhh.... y/n" Y/n replied hesitantly "Who are you?" This time, she was the one asking. His intimidating aura did scare her, but at the same time, he looked so mesmerizing it made her curious to know more about him. Surely, he wasn't someone who lived around here.

"I am Loki of Asgard..." Loki trailed off as he started approaching y/n, not before he smoothly grabbed what he came for and shoved it in his pocket though "And I am burdened with glorious purpose" By the time he spoke the last word, he was standing tall right in front of y/n, even thouht she backed away to the point she was trapped between the concrete and his body. Y/n gulped. She could already sense the danger and mystery coming from this man, and it demanded her surrender.

Without saying anything, Loki slowly opened his arms wide. His stare bored hole through her soul, his grin the most wicked one she had ever seen. What did he want? What did he want from her? In her head, y/n tried to think of the right thing to do becasue...well, for the man who owned a shining scepter and semed to be some sort of immortal, she figured she wouldn't want to piss him off.

So he opened his arms.... what am I supposted to do? Y/n was sure she must have looked awkward beyond limits, but if it's what he wished then.

Loki furrowed his brows when the little mortal got a couple steps closer and slowly and unsurely wrapped her arms around him. He suddenly looked offended.

Fuck, he's so warm and comforting. Y/n thought. The truth was she'd been cold to the bone from being out there in pouring rain and his body provided her warmth and comfort in the way she never thought she'd want to hug him like this for the eternity. Her eyes automatically closed as she snuggled her face in his chest. Wow, it felt so good.

"What are you doing?"

"Ughhh.... you wanted a hug?"

"What?! No no no, you little mortal. I meant for you to kneel!"

"......"

". . . . . . . . . . "

Y/n didn't know why, but her arms still refused to leave him even though she was aware he could easily break her neck. Maybe her mind has come undone. Or maybe it's because she'd forgetten when was the last time she had someone to hug and the feeling she felt was just too good to let go.

Loki couldn't tell why he didn't kill the pathetic mortal already for such affront. How dared she touching him! She wasn't worth it at all. He was the God of Mischief, King of Jotunheim! But yet he didn't do a damn thing to get rid of her. Maybe he was crazy. Or maybe it's because he'd forgetten when was the last time someone hugged him since he was labelled a monster, doomed to be never anything but Loki the bad son, Loki the villain. And oh did being hugged feel so good that he unconsciously wrapped his free arm around her back.

It's okay. They could continue hugging for a while because as unusual as it sounded, Loki decided he wanted this mortal around to provide him some comfort.

Anyway, she was meant to be ruled. In the end, she would always kneel.