16. trapped

Getting lost in the middle of the woods wasn't how y/n planned to spend her night, getting lost in the middle of the woods with Loki definitely wasn't what she expected. Too bad sometimes, things got out of hands.

  ~~~

"I hate him, that greasy little snake."

"I know. You said that before. Believe me that's just as fascinating as the first 89 times you told me that." Thor drowned his beer, leaning back a little bit against the cushion of his favorite love seat so he'd get more comfy.

"He turned into a spider and crawled into my room! He knows I hate spiders!" Y/n raised her voice.

"He turned into a snake and stabbed me." Thor replied nonchalantly.

"Don't forget that time he turned into a dog when he met T'Challa 'cause he knows cats hate dogs. He wouldn't stop barking. Poor T'Challa, it took a whole fucking hour to get him down that tree. We almost started a war with Wakanda." Tony added from the bar.

"Or that time he stole Bucky's eyeliner." Cap said from across the room.

"Mister Loki once turned me into a frog 'cause he said I looked like I got a frog in my mouth. It was the best day ever." Parker joined the conversation.

"See? You're not that special after all. Sorry to break it to you, sweetheart-"

"Shut up!" Y/n threw a water bottle at the man sitting in the corner of the room. It went only an inch past his head and collided with the wall behind.

"Brother, what did we tell you? No talking when you're in time out." Thor scolded, and Loki rolled his eyes. Apparently the God of Mischief put flour in Wanda's hairdryer (because he knew better than to put it in Nat's. That'd definitely be the definition of digging his own grave, and surely, there'd be no resurrection. Like for real) and here he was: serving his sentence in the same spot of the compound. It kind of became a pattern now. 50 percent of all time, you could walk into the room and find a Loki in time out for his childish shenanigan. The other 50, Loki was plotting a prank on the team. The greasy little bitch was driving everyone insane.

"I was just-" Before Loki could say another word, a loud boom shaking the entire place got everyone on their feet.

"What the...." Red light began flashing on the ceiling and alarm started wailing.

"We're under attack. Repeat, we're under attack." FRIDAY informed.

In a flash, y/n heard a loud bang and felt a strong force pushing her on the side. Before she knew it, the girl found herself on the ground with Loki on top of her. He was grunting, and her eyes widened when she noticed blood seeping out of his shoulder. He pushed her out of a bullet way, and he took the shot for her. She gasped in a mute horror, unable to utter any sound because it all happened in an instant. Seconds earlier they were chilling in the lounge. Now bullets were flying from all directions and everybody was shouting, fighting. And she wasn't supposed to be here. Shoot, she wasn't an Avenger. Just a Stark intern who worked here and become friend with the heroes. How was she supposed to protect herself in a crossfire?!

"Loki, get y/n to safety!" She heard someone shouted, it sounded like Steve.

Then a green light and a flash washed over her. And it all went black.

~~~

Y/n blinked. Confused as hell. It felt like she tipped over, and fainted. But it all happened in just a matter of seconds. And, wait, where was she? This wasn't the Avengers compound... unless someone used some magic to turn the place into an environment full of huge trees, moss, mushrooms and muddy ground. Tilting her head backward, the moonlight couldn't even get through branches and leaves above her head. No. She wasn't at the compound. She wasn't even in the city. This was deep in the middle of some rainforest. Fuck.