61. hostias et preces

Stranded in an apocalypse, apart from trying to survive, Mobius and Loki had no choice but to actually talk about their feelings. The thing about talking about one's feelings, was that, neither of them had a clue about it.

To make the matter more complicated, Mobius had some confessions to make, too.

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius

This was a request from an anon in my Tumblr's inbox, asking for a Lokius fic, where they were trapped in a zombie apocalypse, which was originally supposed to be done for Halloween. It also ended up being more angst-and-feelings than actual zombies, and it took me longer, to finish this, than I'd like to admit. Anyway, better late than never.

///

A timeline where the undead — or, what Mobius had precisely called, 'zombies' — took over everything, wasn't the reality Loki wished to find himself in. But he was Mobius's friend, and when Ravonna had assigned Mobius a task that'd required him looking for a source of a timeline breach in this particular apocalypse, Loki knew he was tagging along.

(Not because he had to, Mobius never asked much of his working with him at the TVA, never anything beyond his Loki's perspective when they were tracking down a variant, but because he couldn't let Mobius go alone and get himself killed, though Loki never told Mobius that, when the man, in Loki's opinions, had the combat skills of a helpless puppy)

"This should be it," Mobius said, picking up a piece of what he believed could be an evidence from the dust-covered floor of a creepy, abandoned house they were in. "Now we can head back to the TVA. It's almost night, the rest must've already left,"

The rest, as in, the Minutemen, the rest of their team. Mobius had voiced his disagreement about why splitting up wasn't the best idea, when they were in an unfamiliar place where flesh eaters lurked in every corner. D-90 shared a different belief, apparently, and his reasoning for why splitting up actually covered more ground faster, trumped Mobius's opinions, so that was it.

If Loki suspected the real reason behind Mobius's not wanting to part ways with his team, was because the wound was still kind of fresh, he opted against bringing up what they were trying to forget, there was... no reason to. Mobius stayed with Loki this time, so if what happened the last time still scarred Mobius and burnt Loki with shame, he was hoping — wishing — not talking about it would eventually make it go away.

The last time someone suggested they split up, they were catching a Loki variant at Roxxcart grocery store, and it didn't exactly end will, especially for Mobius.
Mobius running after him, Mobius calling his name. And Loki had to go and break that trust they'd built.

You betrayed me, he still heard Mobius's voice in his head sometimes, when he was fighting insomnia at night. And even if Loki wanted to apologize, it never happened.

"Alright," Loki said, snapping himself out of the memories. "Let's go back then,"

He was... surprised, too caught of guard and stunned to defend himself when a force, whatever it was, knocked him over from behind. Everything happened in an instant and Loki hadn't had the time to process what was going on. Next thing he knew he was lying on his back, a weight crashing him down. With the position he found himself in, he couldn't quite push it off. Though he heard growling, Mobius's shouting from above and he thought he saw teeth, too. They were aiming at his throat. Saliva and body fluids, considering decomposition was doing a brilliant job on the thing, dripping down onto his face.

The undead. Fuck. He really thought the house was unoccupied, they'd checked. They must've missed a room then, because, here Loki was, pinning to the ground with a fucking zombie on top of him, trying to rip his neck off. He could fight it off with his magic, should've been able to do that, hadn't he been too shocked, by how fast it all unfolded, to think straight.