2. recovery

This chapter is inspired by Infinity War and this beautiful fan art by portraitoftheoddity on tumblr

"Y- you... will never... be... a god" Were the last words Loki could struggle to say as he forced eye contact with Thanos whose hand was chocking him before he found it impossible to stay awake for any longer. For a mere second before he closed his eyes, The God of Mischief could hear the sound of his own bone snapped but that didn't hurt him as much as knowing Thor was watching the whole things happening right in front of his eyes without being able to do anything. Loki wanted to tell his brother not to be sad, that the sun would shine on them again just like he promised but the words just wouldn't come out.

In the final moment, the last scene that went through Loki's head - he was taken back to the time when he and Thor were little, playing in flower field together with Frigga sitting under her favorite seat under that tree in Asgard, watching over her two sons with nothing but love in her eyes.

Then, everything turned black.

It was supposed to be just another normal night for y/n - buried herself in moutain of blankets in bed watching Netflix until a loud noise coming from backyard garden broke her out of her trance. Y/n boited up right. What was that sound? She lived alone with no pet whatsoever. So what could possibly be the answer?

Her heart beat a bit faster as she slowly grabbed her baseball bat she always kept within arm reach next to her bed, just in case. Never really thought there would come a time when she needed it but oh well. Swung her legs out of the comfort of her bed, her shaky steps started taking her body down the stairs until she reached the door. Y/n tightened her grip on the bat her knuckles turned white as her free hand placed on the doorknob.

Screw it. With one quickly push, the door to backyard garden swung open. She was ready for whatever it was.

With her bat in front of her body, y/n carefully placed her bare foot on the muddy lawn. It was so dark and quiet. She looked around trying to find anything that seemed off but those cloud covered the moonlight making it so hard to see properly. Maybe it was just a stray cat? Y/n was about to turn back inside the house when suddenly, a soft moan coming from a rose bush stopped her in her tracks. She stayed completely still trying to listen to it, but it got silent. 30 seconds passed and all she could hear was nothing. That's when she let out a small sigh. It was probably just a wind or her mind played trick on her. Whatever it was, y/n consumed she was just being paranoid. And so she stepped inside the house. Though just when she got one foot inside the building, the same noise occurred for the second time. This time, it was a bit louder it caused y/n to freeze. It surely came from the bush and that was definitely a human moan!

Slowly, y/n turned back around, facing the darkness. Part of her wanted to run and hide, the other part never felt more thrilled and curious. She cautiously approached the bush. From the look of it, it seemed like something heavy had fell on brier which would explain that sound she heard earlier while in her bedroom. Her hand shaking out of control, the girl carefully poked the clump of shrubs around with her bat and she felt as if her heart stopped beating right then and there when she found a half-conscious man in weird clothing laying on the muddy ground with dark bruises around his neck.