69. I'm a mess (for your love, it ain't new)

Loki told himself it was a good thing; how well Mobius and Sylvie got along. So these nagging feelings he had in his chest, that he was losing Mobius to someone who was basically his twin, were absolutely ridiculous.

The feelings just wouldn't leave him alone.

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius

Since my previous fic was about Mobius being jealous, I thought it was only reasonable that this following fic was about Loki being jealous. This was also a request from an anon from my Tumblr. Enjoy!

///

"Have you seen Sylvie?"

Loki furrowed his brows at the question directed at him. He halted his hand, so his pen remained hovered above the paper, between his fingers. (All Loki had to do was write down today's date on the top right of the form, so the report could be finished and submitted. He suddenly found the task a lot complicated now that Mobius was hovering over his desk, asking if he happened to know the whereabouts of his blonde Variant)

And the worst part — the most frustrating part, Loki thought irritatedly, was probably the fact he did see Sylvie, about an hour ago. And fuck, he wished she didn't tell him she was heading to the archives, so Loki could tell Mobius 'I'm sorry, but I haven't seen her. Hey, how about you and I go grab some lunch together? Ya know, like we used to. You could look for her later, preferably never, haha. I mean... I heard they made pasta today!' without it being a lie, because Loki was trying not to do that anymore. He'd earned his God of Lies title for a reason, and it was the reason he was no longer proud of, after he'd met Mobius, after he'd promised himself he'd be better for Mobius.

"Yeah," he ended up muttering halfheartedly. "I think she's in the archives,"

"Perfect! Thanks," Mobius patted him a few times on the shoulder before hurried away, heading towards the direction.

Loki rolled his eyes when Mobius couldn't see him. He liked Sylvie. She was cool, not as cool as he was, obviously, but now he was starting to wish she and Mobius never met.

~~~

He wasn't there the first time they met, Mobius and Sylvie, so it was only the two of them in a fucking car ride in the fucking Void, talking about whatever the Norns knew, but apparently, whatever Mobius and Sylvie talked about, it bonded them enough that it was the beginning of something Loki thought he probably wouldn't want to know. Because, before he knew it, Mobius and Sylvie had their 'inside jokes' which they constantly laughed about, simply by sharing a quick glance. And before he knew it, he was the one being the third wheel. Or so it felt exactly like that, most of the time.

"You're overthinking things," B-15 used to say, during lunch break. But Loki would kindly point out that the fact he was sitting with her and some of the Minutemen in Mobius's unit (plus Casey) in the cafeteria said enough about how he, in fact, did not overthink it. (For Mobius used to be the only person in the TVA — the now reformed TVA — whom Loki would hang out with. That was no longer the cast after Sylvie entered the picture and began this outrageous habit of keeping burrowing Mobius without asking)

"Where do you think Mobius is right now, then?" Loki had held up the fork in his hand, looking at B-15, C-20, D-90 and Casey, who were accompanying him for today's lunch. (Lately, it had been them. Not Mobius. Loki rarely had lunch with Mobius anymore, thanks to his Variant)

"Don't answer," he'd said when Casey opened his mouth, before going on, "With Sylvie. The little mustache dude's with my lesser Variant. Again." Loki ended the sentence by violently stabbing the poor steak on his plate. He was fully aware of himself being deliberately petty, how unlike him this was, to speak his thoughts instead of keeping it all inside like he usually did. He was simply... going insane; would've gone insane hadn't he spoken about the matter troubling his mind to anybody.