53. drape me in your warmth

Loki had a secret. He should've known better than to keep a secret from someone who'd been specialising in studying his entire life.

Two men — one a Time Agent and the other a Trickster God — one cabin, one bed, and one stormy night, deep in the middle of the woods. This could be... interesting.

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius

I started writing this on a whim due to its raining cats and dogs here, thus it kind of... got me in the mood and sparked that motivation in me. Though the idea for the plot itself is something that's been in my head for a while now.

///

"There's only one bed," Loki pointed out, not very amused, though that was to be expected.

"I can see that," Mobius said from behind. The time stick still held in a tight grip in Mobius's hand, just in case. But from what it looked like, the place was simply abandoned. If they were to suddenly be ambushed now, Mobius suspected it wouldn't be by a psychotic variant but a fox or a squirrel, the latter, Mobius thought, might be just as worse as being attacked by an unhinged variant. Mobius was never a fan of those furry creatures with spooky, sharp teeth.

"And you don't happen to have another tempad, a spare one,"

"For the last time, Loki, no, I don't. We're doomed, and I know that's on me, alright? So quit giving me that look,"

Loki fought the urge to roll his eyes. They were not technically... doomed, just stuck. And, as much as the TVA technology was advanced, it wouldn't be until the next sunrise that the minutemen could pinpoint their location. It was a massive forest, after all.

The tempad, the one they had (or; Mobius had) was unfortunately damaged during their previous fight with the now-escaped, long-gone variant. Then the realization hit; they were stuck. But at least Mobius was able to find them a shelter — a rundown cabin — just before they lost daylight. So at the very least, neither of them had to sleep on the muddy, moss-covered ground.

"You can take it," Mobius added after a short pause. He nodded towards the bed. It wasn't fancy, far from it, if he were to be honest, with dust and cobwebs covered just every inch of the furniture. Not to mention how... unsanitary it was. Under any other circumstances, he didn't think any sane person would so much as sit on it, let alone sleep in it. But, with their current situation, it was better than sleeping on the cold wooden floor, which was just as unsanitary, in Mobius's opinion.
(No, there wasn't any other couch, not even a fireplace to keep the warmth. Just a bed and a tiny stool in a tiny, creepy cabin)

Loki glanced at him, then back at the bed in front of them. Mobius didn't flinch when green lights flashed across the bed with a single wave of Loki's hand. "Not bad," he commented. The bed looked decent now. Nothing too fancy, but the dust and cobwebs were gone, so it was okay to sleep in.

"Sure you don't want it?" Loki teased, though he already knew Mobius's answer. Really, dude was probable the most laid-back person he'd met. He wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor, but that didn't mean Loki didn't feel bad, at least a little. Mobius had been nothing but kind, and he could pretend to resent the man, sure, but Loki wasn't that much of a jerk to not at least feel a little bit guilty.

"Nah," Mobius shrugged. "It's fine. One of us should stay up and guard the place, anyway. You could use some rest,"

"So you're just not gonna sleep?" That did surprise Loki. Even though what Mobius suggested made sense, Mobius wasn't in any better shape than Loki was, after having been in a combat with the variant. If Loki needed rest, Mobius did, too, if not more.