14. birthday boy

Check out my new Loki fanfic! It's called "love me till I'm me again" & it's a post IW fix-it fic! Basically Thor couldn't move on nor could he live without his brother. So he did something he probably shouldn't in order to bring Loki back to life. It worked. Loki came back. Sounded good, right? Thor thought the same, too. That was, however, until he started to wonder if he just made the biggest mistake and if it'd be better if he could have just let Loki stay dead. Why's that? Go find it out yourself xx

BT THE WAY, guysssss, today (December 17) is Loki's birthday!!! It's not really official though. We (the majority of fans) wanted Loki to have a birthday too so we can show him love. So we decided to pick up a date. And it's Dec 17! I thought I'd write a little something for his bday so here it is!!

Happy birthday, Loki. Keep making mischief. We love you xoxo

///

It was late at night. And it was snowing. Instead of finding a shelter, Loki found himself standing still outside the window of one fancy restaurant. There was a party. Balloons, ribbons, cake and laughter. A birthday party, if he had to guess. He didn't know much about Midgardian culture. But he knew enough that they celebrated an anniversary of the day on which the person was born. And, unconsciously, Loki reminded himself today was his birthday also. Then he laughed wryly. No one except for Thor knew his birthday, and he doubted his brother would remember. Of course, he must have forgotten. Not that Loki expected anything special. While in Asgard, they didn't celebrate birthday, at least not with cake, but they did have their way of doing something... special? Thor would go for a hunting with Warriors Three. In which Loki still not quite understand how was it special when Thor always went out all the time.

Loki remembered when he reached the age, Thor and Odin tried to persuade him into hunting. But he simply rejected. The Price of Asgard would rather not spend his birthday by slaughtering. And without hunting, there was nothing else to do. So, except for the Queen wishing him a happy birthday and giving him her present in a form of handmade blanket which Loki still kept close, there was nothing special. For Loki, his birthday went as normally as any other day: isolated himself in his room with his books to keep him company.

It was nothing. Loki told himself. He never had a birthday party while on Asgard. Why expect one on Midgard? What he didn't really dare to hope his brother would plan a surprise party for him, did he? The God of Mischief shook his head at his own childish wish.

He didn't want it. A birthday party. Loki didn't want it. Such thing was for a weak, pathetic mortal. He kept telling himself. Yet he couldn't help but feel this little annoying ache forming in his chest as he watched the happy family sharing their slides of cake without even noticing the villain-turned-hero God standing there in the snow.

Norns, it was so late. Yet none of the Avengers - who claimed to be his friends - seemed to notice his absence from the compound. No call. No text. No nothing. After all, this was what Loki was: a nobody. A nobody whose birthday was today.

He sighed. Head hung low and eyes dropped to the ground. More wry laugh left his mouth as though he was mocking himself. It was almost ironic, how he was starting to feel cold. He was a Frost Giant. A Frost Giant wasn't supposed to be cold, was he? Apparently, Loki was, in fact, cold. His body started trembling and he couldn't hold himself back from wrapping his arms around his own chest in desperate need for a little bit of warmth he didn't get any. He'd rather spend an entire night outside, just wandering around all by himself like he always did, if not for the fact he was freezing and he needed warm place to stay. The only choice available for him was back at the compound. So he sighed again, giving up and walking back to the place they said was his home.