13. the king

* Check out my Thomas Sharpe x Reader fanfic book I posted, it's called "Lost Soul" feedback/vote would be very appreciated.

** This was requested by a lot of you guys so here it is! Hope I did it some justice.

*** Remember requests are open! Just PM me or leave a comment x

///

He was the king. The ruler of all Nine Realms. She was just a maid, a silly little servant who served in the castle, hopelessly in love with a man she could never be with. How stupid of her to ever daydream about the day she finally got the privilege of calling him hers. Stupid stupid her. He could have any woman he desired. One day, y/n knew he'd find his queen, and she knew that woman would have to be a royal, a worthy goddess. She could never be that girl!

Sighing, y/n just continued watching from a safe distance as king Loki walked down the golden hallway of the palace with two guards by his side, providing him safely even though with his wisdom and his skillful magic, no living soul could bring him harm. As always, y/n found herself so mesmerized by those mixture of emerald green and ocean blue his eyes held. Oh, how she wished he would at least acknowledge her existence.

┈┈ ❋ ┈┈

The stars seemed to shine so bright tonight it scattered all over Asgard skies, making it appear so enchanting. The king stood on the balcony. Once he savored the stunning view, he could never get bored of, enough - he made his way back inside his room. It was quite late, but Loki was never much of a fan of sleep anyway, instead he found nighttime to be tad refreshing for him to read. He always liked reading, but ever since the coronation day, he barely had spare time for himself to sit down, pick up a book and wander into another world. Every minute he spent, he dedicated it to his people, to the duty that required great responsibility, that he'd almost forgotten when was the last time entertained himself. Tonight was one of those very rare occasion where everything seemed to be just fine. Nothing out of place. Nothing to worry about. Thus, Loki decided he would use the once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity to give himself a break. For him, there was no better way to relax than reading. The library seemed like a perfect choice. After all, it felt like forever since he'd last set foot in it.

~~~

Just like expected, it was empty - it's a wall-to-wall of books, of course, it's the biggest library in Asgard, probably the biggest one in all Nine Realms. Empty, in this team, meant lack of people. Who would go to a library at midnight! Loki smiled softly at the familiar smell of old books and such. He always liked it. It smelt nice and warm, like acorns when you stood directly under an oak tree in autumn. The king began walking down the aisles, slowly so he could scan through each book's spine and see which one he'd like to read. A few moments later, his eyes landed on someone sitting there with her back facing him. She was reading. Loki furrowed his brows just a little. So he wasn't the only person in here.

He knew he could just ignore her, but something about the mysterious girl caught his interest. He always found it admirable when a lady chose to read instead of going to a club and getting wasted, or sleeping without a care in the world. Who was she, anyway?

~~~

It was y/n's only free time. Once she got all her tasks done, she was given spare time. Most her friends liked to go out and have fun. Though y/n wasn't that type of girl - loud music, alcohol, dancing and making out with strangers - it's just not her. She liked to be alone, she cherished peaceful silence and she loved reading. That's why she always found herself in the palace's library. Tonight's session: Midgardian Play. It wasn't long at all for y/n to learn Shakespeare had now become one of her favorites.