Chapter 13 - Wedding

It was the time for muhurtham , many people were invited for muhurtham as the reception was not held. Both Shalini and Arjun insisted on a simple wedding at a temple. But as their parents requested for at least the muhurtham to be held in mandap they both agreed to it. (ivungaluku reception la Ella moments vekarathu kastam pa atha ipdi mathitan)

The stage was beautifully decorated with flowers. The ohamam kundam was set up in the middle while the iyer was making ready for the rituals.

Shalini's parents, Pavi's parent's , Shalini's brother Krishnan, Pavi's husband Anand, Arjun's parents, Sruthi and her husband were welcoming the guests.

During the time of muhurtham the bride and groom's family were gathered on the stage.

First Arjun was called to the stage. Arjun's uncle ( thaai mama) was called and asked to put the garland on Arjun. Arjun took blessings from his uncle and his uncle placed the garland on his neck. Arjun was made to sit in front of the ohmam and the iyer proceeded with the mantras.

After a few minutes Shalini was brought to the stage and her uncle ( thaai mama) placed the garland on her neck and she took his blessing. Then she was made to sit near Arjun. And then the iyer proceeded with mantra's.

Both did not look at each other , Shalini was shy to look at him but Arjun was not interested in whatever was happening.

After a few minutes again their uncle's were asked to tie the kangan in their hands.

And then the iyer asked pavi to get blessing for the nuptial thread. Pavi took the plate to the guests and got blessing from everyone and distributed the yellow rice for blessing and took the plate and gave it to the Iyer.

Soon it was the time . Arjun's grandfather and grandmother was asked to give the nuptial thread to Arjun as it is a formality that elders should do it and moreover arjun and his grandfather was much closer.

His grandfather and grandmother got the nuptial thread from the Iyer , prayed and gave it to Arjun.

Arjun took it from his hands and when it was time he took the thread around Shalini's neck and tied the three not's bonding them for life long. And placed kumkum on her hair partition. And their pinky fingers were tied with a cloth by the elders and they came around the ohmam. All these moments were beautifully captured by the photoghers.

Arjun's family was happy and Shalini's family was both happy and also emotional .

Arjun was only thinking about Anu but Shalini was with mixed emotions , she was happy to be in such a good and caring family but at the same time she was not able to accept the fact that she had to leave her family who was her world till this minute.

Shalini consoled herself that Arjun would fulfill her family's place and to be happy for getting him in her life rather than being worried about leaving her family after all every girl has to face it. But she did not know what Arjun and her fate would have for her in the near future.

Then their parents were called for patha pooja.

Arjun first washed his parents feet and applied sandhanam and kunkumam and placed flowers upon the foot.

Shalini did the same but she teared up while doing it.

Rituals like kaniyathanam by her brother were done and all other rituals were completed.

The photographer called them to take some couples and Arjun was not able to restrict as all the family members were present. They took some simple couple photo's Arjun did not have any expressions on his face but Shalini was blushing for even his simple touches during the poses. Arjun refused to pose for intimate pictures and Shalini was also a camera shy person so ended up having only some non- intimate poses.