Chapter 23 - Is she fine?

It was 10.30 when Arjun came back home after his parents boarded the bus which was 1⁄2 hour late. Just when he entered the house his phone rang. It was his colleague Arun.

Arjun: Hello Solu Arun.

Arun: Arjun enaku oru help pana mudiyuma

Arjun: solu arun

Arun: inaki oru important project Oda presentation pananu pana mudila athu matu konjo panna mudiyum nalalaki meeting ku athu venu

Arjun: ipava... Mani 10.30 acha

Arun: illa Arjun Nana pani irupan thidinu papa Ku odambu seri illa atha hospital la admit pani iruko athu naala tha..

Arjun: acha... ena achu Arun. Onu problem illa la

Arun: illa arjun etho food poison agiruchu pola ipa paravala nala iruka.

Arjun: Thank god . ok Arun presentation na pathu karan . you don't worry.

Arun: Thank you so much arjun.

Arjun: It's ok ni project details Ella mail paniru na work mudichutu inform panran.

Arun: ok Arjun na mail panra niga mudichutu enaku thirumpi Mail panitu msg matu panirunga.

Arjun: ok Arun bye 

He then disconnected the call . The laptop was in the living room so he took it and started working on the presentation. He finished it after a few hours and his stomach started to grumble. He looked at the time and it was 2am. He went to the dining table and opened the lids of the vessels.

ArjunMV: ena ellama apdiya iruku avunga ethuvu saptangala illayanu therila...ivalo neram kalichu namlu sapda mudiyathu pesama paal kudichutu poi paduthuruvom

He heated the milk and drank it, just then remembered to message Arun, he took his phone and messaged Arun saying

" I have finished the presentation and mailed you arun check it out.

And how is paapa is she fine?"

"Is she fine? ''These words reminded him of Shalini's tired and pale face. Quickly he ran to his room to check on her.

He entered the room and saw Shalini lying on the bed covering herself with a blanket. Only when he neared her he saw her shivering and mumbling. He panicked and went closer to her and touched her forehead with the back of his palm. She was burning. He did not know what to do. He slowly tapped on her shoulders, waking her.

Arjun: Shalini...shalini

Shalini: hmmm

Arjun: yenga elunthuringa high fever ah iruku hospital pola vanga

Shalini nodded a no with her eyes closed.

Arjun: yenga please unga naala kana kuda thoraka mudila vanga pola.

Shalini opened her eyes a little.

Shalini: vena.. I'm ok.

Arjun: enga ok parunga Epdi nadugaringa nu please vanga..

Shalini was adamant about visiting the hospital. Arjun was tired of convincing her.

Arjun: Seri poi medical la achu tablet vangitu varan niga saptinga la illaya sapadu apdiya iruku?

Shalini: illa.. she said in a weak voice.

Arjun: yen ga.

Shalini: sapda mudila