Chapter 37- Trip 7- Final day

The whole drive was completely silent. To show his anger Arjun took the passenger seat avoiding taking the back seat with her.

Throughout the ride Shalini was smiling and the only thing that was in her mind was Arjun’s hug.And the thought of it still gave goosebumps and made her blush. She was in own world of thoughts until the driver spoke.

Selvam: ma cottage vanthurichu.

Shalini:huh.. Ok na .. Avuru enga na

Selvam: ethachu prechanaya ma thambi kovama poraru

Shalini: poitara?

Selvam: Ama ma ..ethachu prechanaya?

Shalini: illa na.. Athu Ella illa ..na pathukaran.

Selavam: seri ma

Shalini nodded at him and walked towards the cottage. The moment she entered she saw Arjun in the kitchen standing facing the other side and heard something rolling in the kitchen which indicated he was still angry. She tiptoed to the couch and sat there silently. He saw her sitting on the couch with a puppy face. He walked into the room and closed the door with a bang making her cover her ears with her palm. 

Shalini sighed and kept looking at the bedroom door to open. After five minutes the opening of the door was heard and Arjun came out with a straight face and saw her sitting there but before she could speak anything he just looked away and stormed out of the cottage. 

Shalini leaned back on the couch and closed her eyes . She was confused how to convince him when her mobile popped up with a notification.

She sat straight and unlocked her phone and immediately a smile crept her face.

The message was from Arjun and it read

“ na konja veliya poran ½ hour la vanthurvan… Pasicha lunch order pani sapdu .. Enaku wait pana venda” ..

Shalini grinned like a fool looking at the message, she was happy that he took care of her even when he was angry. An idea popped up in her mind to convince him.

Arjun did not know why he was angry with her. Actually he should have felt happy that shalini took the effort to find Anu but he only felt anger or moreover the fear he experienced of losing her just converted into and he expressed it to her. Arjun was still angry even after returning to the cottage and he feared that he would lash out at her if he stayed back in the cottage so he left to calm himself down. But he did not want her to worry about him so he sent a message to her.

He just roamed around the cottage and returned to the cottage after an hour. He tried to open the door when a sticky note was stuck on the knob. He pulled it and it read “ I” .  He took it with him and opened the door and settled himself on the couch. He again saw that note and noted something was written in its back  

“ nadanthu vantha thani thagam eduku thani kudinga” 

He then looked at the water bottle on the coffee table and took it and found a sticky note in it and it read  “Am” . He pulled it out and read along  with the previous one and it read “ I am “. And turned the note “ ungaluku pasikalaya  poi sapdunga  2 varathaiya evalo nerama padipinga”

Sighing he moved to the kitchen and found a parcel cover and took it out of the cover. There were two boxes of their favorite mushroom pasta and two boxes of brownies. There were two other sticky notes in a pasta box and one brownie box and both read “REALLY”. 

He smiled at her way of convincing and took both the sticky notes and All together it read. “ I AM REALLY REALLY”

As there were two parcels he knew she did not have her lunch so he decided to call her so he left the room and in the door there was another sticky read “SORRY” . He smiled and took it and together it read.