Chapter 41- Leave him?

For next one week Shalini managed to push back all the feeling she had and behaved friendly with him as per his request. Abi stayed at their house as it was her holidays and as she was used to spend some of her holidays here from childhood. Shalini and Abi bonded really well even Shalini thought abi as her own little sister , the only thing about abi that did not settle well with shalini was her closeness with arjun. Apart from abi teasing Arjun with shalini she and Arjun were much closer as they used to be from childhood and that disturbed Shalini a lot and she felt she was back to square one but she did not show anything to both Arjun and abi. She acted before them as if their closeness did not affect her.

Vishwa, Jaya , Arjun , Shalini and Abi were having dinner as Sruthi left for her house. Arjun choked on his food and before Shalini could react Abi patted his back and gave him some water. Shalini’s face immediately changed which was only noticed by abi.

Shalini lost interest in her food and she excused herself saying she was full and left from there. Abi was the only one who understood her sudden fullness of hunger and decided to have a talk with her. She also informed others that she was full and went in search of Shalini.

Abi found Shalini on the terrace, sitting leaning on the wall and staring at the sky. She cleared her throat to gain her attention and got it.

Shalini: va abi.. Inga ena panra?

Abi: niga Inga ena panringa? She asked while sitting beside her.

Shalini: na suma

Abi: nanu Suma tha vantha.

Shalini nodded at her again and stared at the sky. Silence filled between them before abi decided to break it. 

Abi: ungaluku Arjun mama na Avalo pudikuma?

Shalini: huh? 

Abi: ungaluku mama va romba pudikumanu ketan.

Shalini: yen thidirunu apdi kekara?

Abi: illa nanu oru varama pathutu tha iruka.. Na epa Ella mama kuda close irukano..Niga apa ella upset agaringa.. Actually niga atha venunu panala but ungaluka theriyama Unga face atha kamichu kudu kuthu..

Shalini: athu Ella illa na upset Ella agala.. Ni ethuvu thapa Ella eduthu katha..

Abi: niga Apdi react panala na tha thapa eduthukanu..entha ponuku tha than Love panra oru paiyana in oru ponu kuda patha pudiku..

Shalini: love ah? Athu Ella illa Niya  ethachu olaratha.

Abi: akka Unga husband thana love paniringanu sona athuku yen ivalo shock agaringa?

Shalini: illa..adhu.. Mitha arrange married couple kula iruka Mari  engulukum anbu pasam respect ellama irukku Ana ni solara Mathiri love ella illa.

Abi: Apdi niga ninacha ungala nigala yemathikaringa akka.

Shalini looked at her in confusion.

Abi: na thevilava solaran akka… na oru varama ungala gavanichutu tha akka irukan.. ni mama kaga panra oru oru vishiyathulayu niga avuru Mela evlo love vechu irukinga nu theriyuthu.. Ila nu matu solathinga… may be niga la kuda inu realize panama irukala.. Ana Niga mama va pakum pothu Ella unga kannu soluthu niga avuru ah Evalo love panirunga nu.

Shalini: ni neraya cinema pathu nala ketu poiruka.. Suma ethachu olaritu.

Abi had a known smile.

Abi: na unga love ipava othukonga nu Ella sola Matan.. Ana niga oru naal realize panuvinga..

Shalini for some reason did not feel like defending herself so she fell silent and abi understood that she herself has not still realized her love.

Abi: akka ungaluku en Mela kovam Ella illa la? She asked after a few minutes of silence.