Chapter 88 - Arjun's confusion

*** Surprise ❤ a small gratitude for 300k reads and a compensation for the not uploading properly for past 3 weeks***

Arjun stood rooted to the ground with teary eyes, his head spinning unable to process the new piece of information he just got to know. His eyes clearly reflecting the pain in his heart caused by the truth he got to know just now.

With teary eyes and a heavy heart he looked at Shalini who stood opposite to him with the same teary eyes as his.

Arjun: velayadatha Shalini… He spoke in a broken voice after composing himself.

Shalini: I'm serious arjun..

Arjun shook his head in disbelief and his attention was got by appu ran towards them behind Shalini.

He came to them and noticing arjun he ran to him and hugged his legs.

Appu: arjun epa vantha?

Arjun looked at appu and then back at shalini who was now looking at appu with more tears.

Arjun wordlessly removed  appu's hold on him making appu frown and after a few seconds of looking between shalini and appu he walked out from there.

Appu who was confused by Arjun's behavior, teared up with his rude behavior.

Appu: Amma yen Amma arjun pesama poraru… He asked with tear -filled eyes.

Shalini who was controlling her tears, fell on her knees and broke into tears and pulled appu into her embrace. She hugged him tight and sobbed.

Appu: Amma yen algura.. Arjun yen pesama ponaru.. He was also on the verge of breaking down seeing his mother cry.

The reply he got was only the increase of sobs.

--

Shalini woke up with the jerk when she heard an alarm. The dream she just saw looked so real making her breath hard and sweat.

She swiftly turned to look at appu who was sleeping beside her peacefully and that calmed her a little. Letting out a breath she kissed his forehead and walked out of the bed to begin her day.  

That day, shalini was completely disturbed by the dream even in office. Arjun noticed her being disturbed but did not get any private time to speak to her as got busy with back to back meeting. 

By night, Shalini was seated on the couch looking at a file but did not even bother to flip the page for more than a hour. 

Selvi: shalini.. Shalini… selvi ma who noticed her being in trance called out for her.

Selvi: shalini.. She shook her shoulders as she did not get her attention.

Shalini: Amma..

Selvi: ena da na evlo neram kuptutu irukan..

Shalini: sorry ma na gavanikala… appu enga Amma?

Selvi: velayaditu irunthavan apdiya thungitan da paduka vechutu tha varanu

Shalini: oh seri ma.. She said and was again engrossed in her thoughts.

Selvi sighed and sat beside her.

Selvi: ena aachu?

Shalini: onu illaya Amma…

Selvi: illa poi solara.. Nanu patuta tha irukan.. Ni konja naal va suthama seri ila.. Adi kadi ipdi tha etho yosichuta iruka.. Seri ya sapdrathu illa thungrathu Ila.. Ipdi ya iruntha odambu enathu tha agarathu…

Shalini: athu Ella illa ma na nala tha irukan..

Selvi: Inga paru nanu oru Amma tha.. Inthana varushathula Unaiyu ponna tha pakaran.. en ponu epdi irupanu enaku theriya tha.. Ni etho vishiyathula disturb airuka.. Unaku sola vendanu Paravala vidu..