Chapter 21-Breaking down

Shalini and nithi left for the room. Nithi sat on the bed and saw Shalini pacing round the room but doing nothing in particular. She understood that Shalini was doing it to avoid speaking with her, so she decided to play along. She scanned the room and that’s when something caught her eyes. Shalini came near her and gave her a set of pillows and a blanket.

Shalini: intha paduthoko. Na antha side padukaran. She said without looking at nithi.

Nithi: padukala. First ni Inga ukaru.

Shalini: illa ni tired ah irupa ni padu. She said again not looking at her.

Nithi: na tired ah Ella illa ni ukkaru.

Shalini just stood there looking everywhere except nithi. 

Nithi: ukaru nu sona shalini. She said in a stern voice.

Shalini knew Nithi had lost her cool. She only calls her Shalini when she is angry. With no other choice she sat beside her. Nithi cooled herself before speaking and spoke in a calm tone.

Nithi: ni enkita ena maraikara?

Shalini: cha na ena maraikara athu Ella ethuvu illaya.

Nithi: apa ni sandhosama tha iruka Apdi thana?

Shalini: Ama sondhasama tha iruka keela patha illa Amma vu appa vu en Mela evalo pasama irukanga nu.

Nithi: avunga pasama irukarathu ella irukatu , Arjun Anna?

Shalini: ithu ena kelvi avuru en Mela pasama than irukaru. She laid effortlessly.

Nithi: apa rendu peru santhoshama irukinga Apdi thana?

Shalini: Ama 

Nithi: apa ena thevaiku rendu Peru thani thani ya paduthu irukinga. She asked, frustrated.

Shalini who was not looking at her all the time now was shocked with her confrontation and looked at her and looked down, unable to face her.

Nithi: ena pakara , ivaluku Epdi ithu Ella theriyuna… nanum vanthathu la irunthu pakara, kalyanathuku munadi avuru Pera sonna kuda Avalo vekka paduva ipa ena na nanga avalo tease panra just srikara athuvu ni manasara sirikalaa nadicha. Avuru ena na etho nanga santhaga pada kudathu apdinu kadamaiku nu pesa try panra mathiri theriyuthu. Ni enana avuru mogatha kuda Pakama bathil solara. Seri nanga Ella iruka nala tha Apdi Nadanthu Karinganu ninchan. Ana Inga vanthu patha couch la thaniya pillow uh blanket kadaku. Theriyama tha kekaran ena tha nadakuthu Inga thayavu senju soli thola. She spoke in an angry.

Shalini was just looking at the ground and kept silent even after nithi spoke this much. Nithi sat there observing her minutes and calmed herself.

Nithi: ena paru

Shalini was not ready to Face her; she knew the moment she faced nithi she would break down and she was scared of it.

Nithi: ena paru. She lifted Shalini’s face with her chin.

Nithi was shocked to see Shalini’s teary eyes.

Nithi: alaraiya Shalu ma?

These words from a closer person was enough for Shalini. She broke into tears and hugged nithi. She was just holding everything within her for a whole week. The moment she knew she had shoulders for her to lye and arms to wipe her tears she was completely broken. She was just crying out loud by hugging nithi. Nithi was shocked to see her broke, this was not new for her , the only person who Shalini would open up worries and cries too was Nithi. But this was a complete shocker for Nithi. Shalini was breaking down she was crying out loud, shivering and trembling. Nithi’s eye teared up seeing Shalini break down but she knew she has to be stronger now and comfort Shalini. She hugged her back and patted her back to calm her down. But Shalini was not ready to compose herself she was just crying more and more which each minute passing. Nithi would feel her dress getting wet by Shalini’s tears. She sat there silently caressing shalini’s head and patting back without parting the hug for Shalini to cry her heart out and compose herself. She understood Shalini needed this , so that whatever the burden in her heart would be little lifted.