Chapter 16 - Truth to be revealed?

A week passed ,Arjun and Shalini did not have much conversation after that night as Arjun was busy with office work. He left earlier and only returned after Shalini was asleep. Shalini also understood his work and did not question him. But she was well settled  with Arjun's family. Sruthi and Shalini become much closer. Shalini told Jaya that she does not know how to cook and Jaya did not complain . She was so sweet to her and just asked her to help cook so it would help her to learn cooking.

It was a Sunday morning and Arjun was at home. All assembled in the dining hall to have their breakfast. Shalini helped Jaya to arrange the dishes on the table.

Arjun, his father and Sruthi were seated at the dining table.

Jaya: ni poi Arjun kita ukaruma na serve panra.

Shalini: illa ma niga ukarunga na panra.

Jaya: illa da , oru varam Kalichu avana inaki tha veetula sapdra ni avan kuda poi sapdu.

Shalini: ma..

Before she could speak, Jaya made her sit beside Arjun and served them.

Arjun choked on the food and Shalini immediately patted his head and gave him the water. He drank the water and thanked her and that’s when she noticed her hand was on his back patting for him to calm Down. She blushed and immediately took her hand and looked at Arjun who was already looking at her. Sruthi cleared her throat.

Sruthi: romance Panathu pothu .. First sapdunga .. Aprm ah unga romance a room la poi continue Panunga.

Arjun glared at her while Shalini blushed .

After breakfast they all settled in the living room. Arjun was working on his laptop. Sruthi bought their childhood photo album to show it to Shalini.

They were looking at the album. When one photo caught Shalini’s eyes. Arjun was dressed up as a girl. 

Shalini: Anni ithu avuru thana?

Sruthi: Ama ithu avan than.

Shalini: Ana ponnu illa tha veetula thana pasangaluku ponnu getup potu edupanga aprm yen avuruku potu eduthu iruku.

Sruthi : athu unga appa kita va kelu.

Shalini looked at Vishwa(Arjun's father) who was sitting opposite to her.

vishwa: athuva enaku first kolantha ponna porakanu asa Ana ivan payana porantana atha avunuku ponnu getup potu eduthom. Ithu Sruthi porakaraku munadi edutho.

Shalini: oh..

Sruthi: Shalini na enaku marumaga venunu ketan illa.

Shalini blushed and noded her head, Arjun who was looking into his laptop now turned to them.

Sruthi: na keta Mari marumaga porantha itho ipdi tha irupa , she said, showing them Arjun's another photo dressed as a girl.

Shalini: ungaluku vera velaya illa.. Ponga Anni…

Shalini was All red now and looked at Arjun before getting up and running upstairs. Arjun sat there seeing Shalini’s image fading away with a lot of thoughts in his mind.

“ ithuku melayu solama iruntha thapu agidu, inaika solidanu” he thought to himself.

He decided to take Shalini out as it would not be correct to speak it in home. Again after lunch everyone were seated in the living room.

Arjun: Amma na Shalini ya veliya kutitu poitu varatuma.

Shalini’s face brighten hearing him

Jaya: illa kutitu poga kudathu. she said in stern voice.