Chapter 127 - The Drive

Shalini rubbed her eyes and tried to be fully awake and the first thing her eyes fell on was his peaceful sleeping face which brought a smile on her face. His arms protectively held her who was lying on his shoulders while hers was on around his waist. And that's when she noticed another hand wound around Arjun's neck and found Appu sleeping peacefully on Arjun's chest. She frowned and slowly removed herself and sat up. 

Shalini: Ivan epa Inga vantha..

Sensing her, Arjun woke up and moved Appu before placing a pillow in his own place.

Arjun: enna ma?

Shalini: pasikuthu..

Arjun: nenachen.. Night evalo kenjuna elunthaiya apram pasikama enna panu?

Shalini: night uh.. Ama ipa time enna?

Arjun: 2 aachu.. Seri ni va na unaku ethachu sapda tharan..

Shalini: hmm neenga ponga.. Na varen.

Arjun nodded and left while she changed into PJ's as she was still in her office clothes before leaving the  room. 

She found him prepping something in the kitchen and stood leaning on the kitchen slab.

Arjun: Ma night order panatha iruku heat pani tharata illa vera ethachu venum ah..

Shalini: heat mattum Panunga pothum..

Arjun: ok 2 minutes.

Shalini: hmm.. Ama Appu epa vantha..

Arjun: oru 9 irukum ma.. Ne nalla thungitu runtha sapda kooda elunthukala atha seri ingaya irukatum nu.. Mithun kuptu inga kutitu vara solitan..

Shalini: oh.. Enna kekalaya?

Arjun: ketan na work kaga vanthu Thala vali nu thoongaranu sona.. ne thoonga ratha pathu vitutan.. Sapda vechu thoonga vechutan.

Shalini: hmm ok.

Arjun: hmm intha ready itha sapdu..

Shalini: TV pathuta sapdalama..

Arjun: seri va..

Both settled on the couch and Arjun played a movie. Shalini sat leaning on his side torso and started having her food while wound his arms across her shoulders.

Shalini: ungaluku..

Arjun: na sapten.. Sapdu..

Shalini nodded and started having her food.

Arjun MV: Adi Paavi oru time ketutu vituta.. Cha iva sapda lanu nama sapdama iruntha.. 

As if she heard him, she moved away a little and forwarded a piece of chapati towards him.

Shalini: en kita ethuku intha scene.. Sapda lana sapda lana sola vendiyathu thena..

Arjun smiled sheepishly, making her shake her head.

Shalini: Aaa..

Arjun opened his mouth like an obedient kid and she fed him both had their food. They continued to watch the movie after dinner before Arjun fell asleep on her shoulders. She rested his head on the couch and left for the room to check on Appu, placed her dupatta on him and kissed his forehead before leaving the room. She kept the room door open to keep an eye on Appu and settled beside Arjun, and sensing her he snuggled into her and both fell asleep.

--

Shalini woke to the sound of mobile ringing and found his mobile on the coffee table she took and attended the call.

Shalini: hello.. Who is this?

" Arjun sir illingala? "

Shalini opened his eyes and found him sleeping.