Chapter 99 - Speaking out

Arjun started the bike and lifted Appu and sat him in front of him. Shalini stood there with hesitation but after Appu compelled her, she sat on the bike making Arjun grin like a fool and start riding. Shalini was trying her best to not get hold of him but the roads with ups and down and she sitting single sided did help much. With no other option she hesitantly moved her hand and placed it on his shoulders. Arjun noticed everything through the mirror and smiled.

Appu: Arjun Arjun niruthu..

Arjun: yen da..

Appu: niruthu Arjun.

Arjun hummed and stopped the bike in the corner. 

Shalini got down and moved near appu.

Shalini: yen da nirutha sona..

Appu: anga paru Amma.. He pointed to an Ice Cream vendor.

Arjun: ice cream venuma?

Shalini: Arjun athu Ella venda inerathula Ethuku.. Dei ipa thena cake sapta..

Appu: Amma please Amma..

Arjun: vidu ma oru naal thena.. Ni po Appu unaku ena venuma vangiko..

Appu jumped in joy and ran towards the vendor while Shalini and Arjun followed him.

Shalini: ethuku Arjun Mani ipa va 10 Mela aachu ipa ethuku ice cream Ella..

Arjun: Paravala vidu ma.. Epachu oru naal thena..

Shalini: ena vo ponga..

Arjun chuckled.

Shalini: ipa ethuku sirikaringa..

Arjun: illa yaruko.. Night 2 Mani Ku elunthu.. ( imitates her ) Enaku Ipava ice cream venum Arjuneyy..  Apdi nu sonathu Ella maranthuruchu pola..

Shalini: athu athu.. haan na en cravings kaga ketan.

Arjun: enava irunthalum athuvum night thena..

Shalini shook her and smiled.

Appu: Amma arjun seekram vanga..

Both walked to him and the moment Shalini saw the ice cream she literally became a kid. Shalini and appu got their ice cream and walked to sit on the bench on the side of the road. Arjun paid for the ice creams and turned to find the duo enjoying their ice cream while his mind flashed with a beautiful memory.

--

Arjun was in deep slumber when he felt someone shaking him to wake him up. He opened his eyes with much difficulty and found Shalini waking him up with a pout on her face.

Arjun: yena ma yena venu?

Shalini: enaku ice cream venum Arjuneyy..

Arjun: Mani 2 ma ipa ice cream Ku enga porathu..

Shalini: please ga enaku 1 st day vera enala suthama craving control pana va mudila atha elupitan.

Arjun: inerathula ice cream sapta Sali pudikum ma.

Shalini: Please Arjun.. Inaiku oru naal tha Apram keka matan.

Arjun: illa ma.

Shalini: please Arjuneyy.. Please please please

Arjun: seri seri vangitharan…

Shalini: super Arjuneyy ni..

Arjun smiled: seri iru na poi vangitu varan.

Shalini: illa nanu varen.

Arjun: vilayada tha ma nan vangitu varen ni ingaya iru..

Shalini: nanu varen please please..