2

"What took you so long?" Rin Mayumi, the club manager, asks me when I arrive back at the classroom.

"To keep a very long story short, there was an incident." I hand her back the papers.

"Well as long as you got the papers." She opens the door further and we both walk in. I take a seat with the other members and we draw our attention back to her.

"Well it's lovely to have all of you here. Since its only the first day I dont have much of an assignment. I just want you to collect a few of your past works and give them to me, whether you're a first year or a third year. I want to see what we'll be working with and try to find the right fit for everyone." She went on to explain. "I understand it might be hard to find some of your old records but that's why we're taking up today to work on it."

"Hey you're Nakamura Suzuki, right?" A boy next to me had asked.

"Yeah." I respond, clearly perplexed.

"Ah, I'm Himiko Nen, first year!" He smiled and shook my hand, "I had read your story last year that studied the day to day life of an average worker. In fact I'm sure most of the people here have as well. It was very well written and I'm excited to be working with you."

"I'm sure it'll be a great year." I gave him a sincere smile. It had completely slipped my mind that people probably recognize me from that. No one really payed attention to school journalists, especially junior high ones. There had been competitions of course but no one really gave a damn, that was until last year.

I had done my entry on the average worker in Japan. Something no one really thought of doing, especially that young of an age. I mean for obvious reasons, it sounded boring. I got inspired from my parents who have always been hard workers, so much so I barely get to spend time with them. I decided to highlight that lifestyle and make sure people like that had someone who recognized their efforts. It ended up winning and being a hit story. Most of Japan has seen my face since the 'ceremomy' was broadcasted. I don't think they remember my name though. However, I did make a name for the Kitagawa middle school. With all that I suppose it made sense why the newspaper club had heard of me.

I begin walking home when I see the two from earlier sitting outside the gym.

"Girl I keep seeing!" Hinata exclaimed seeing me walk from around the corner.

"Hey Hinata, aren't you two supposed to be in there?" I ask them.

Hinata's grin instantly dropped back down.

Did I say something??

"We're supposed to be in there but because of the incident we're back out here." He explained.

"You mean from your mistake?" The raven haired boy corrected him.

"Hey! It wasn't-" before Hinata could protest, the taller one shoved him to the side. "Where do I know you from?" He questioned me.

Now that he was closer to me I stared at him for a second. "You went to Kitagawa." I answered him.

"Yeah, do you know me or-"

"Kageyama Tobio. Volleyball player, setter to be specific. A prodigy to put it short despite a bad reputation no one could deny your skill." I cut him off.

"How do you know all that?" He begins to get defensive. His face was a combination of confusion and frustration.

"I wrote for the newspaper." I shrugged.

"Wait, you're the one who wrote about me in the sports section aren't you?" His aura went dark which threw me off until I realized the sports section didn't do him any good and probably affected his reputation more.

"No no no!" I threw my hand up in defense, "I only read that section, the person who wrote it goes to Seijoh last time I checked. I'm Nakamura Suzuki." I clear up my name.

"Nakamura? The one who wrote that big story?" He seemed to have calmed down. I sigh and nod my head.

"Woah, a famous writer?! Are you going to write a story about the volleyball club??" Hinata's eyes light up overhearing our conversation.

"Depends on if you have something interesting to write about." I laughed.

And if I'm able to get assigned the sports section...

"I'm sure we'll think of something, right Kageyama?"

He only grimaced at the shorter one but I think it was a yes. Like if different grimaces have different meanings that would be the one that meant yes...at least I'm assuming considering  he didn't make a rebuttal.

"Well you both have to think of a way to get back into the club, won't you?" I gesture towards the closed gym and the fact that all 3 of us were currently standing outside of it.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that part." He admits. We stood around for a few seconds. Kageyama is attempting to avoid Hinata's pestering but its almost impossible to ignore it at this point, however his pestering is only annoying, not really getting either of them anywhere.

"Nakamura can you help us?" Hinata pleads. I'm taken aback considering I wasn't expecting them to ask for my help but I reluctantly agree.

"Captain! We challenge you to a match!" The duo says in sync with me leaning against a poll behind them clearly tired of their arguments.

"If we win, you have to let us join." Hinata demands. Two of the teammates start to laugh at the door which gives me a slight reality check on how dorky the two are.

"Now. We want to prove that we finally understand how to play together as teammates!" They continue to talk synced.

I'm glad we rehearsed this beforehand. They look stupid but at least it gives an impression.

The laughter only continues until the captain comes to the front of the door. "And if you lose?"

"You chose the penalty." Kageyama answers.

I facepalm which makes my presence behind them known. "You were supposed to say something else- whatever." I mumble to myself.

"But what happens if we lose?" Hinata asks me.

"You won't." I told him.

"But what if they ask?" Kageyama pitched in.

"That's what I mean, You say with confidence that you won't lose. The whole purpose is to prove that you can work together so as long as you both cooperate you're guaranteed on the team. I'll be standing behind you the whole time so if they continue to ask then let me answer for you"

The captain agrees to their challenge and tells them to prepare. They say thank you then face each other then turn to me. I just give them a thumbs up and they run off. I sigh and roll my eyes as I get ready to head home.

"You know them?" The captain asks me.

"Yes-No?...I'm going to be honest this was the first time I've had a full conversation with either of them." I laugh walking away.

"You're home later than usual." My brother points out as I walk through the door.

"I know." I sigh.

"How was your first day?" He asked.

"Interesting...to say the very least...The VP got his toupee knocked off." I chuckled.

"Kushida? HAH!" he laughs. "Old man deserves that." I just head upstairs and throw my bag down while Yuki continues to laugh at the thought of his face as if he were there in person.