3

I walk out of my class with Ena and head to lunch. On the way Kono catches up with us. We head to eat outside.

"Of course they recognize you, you're Nakamura for fucks sake." Ena chuckles at my story of getting recognized.

"Yeah but I didn't think people would remember. A storyline doesn't stay relevant for very long, a month at most." I explained.

"Okay but you're in a room full of people who care more than the average person."

"True but unless they know the person personally the topic disappears just as fast." I bite into my apple. "The only reason Kitagawa would remember is because they know me. I've never seen these people in my life. Not even when my brother came here."

"Yeah but I think you're forgetting it was the biggest story a junior high has ever seen. I mean I heard people on the train talking about it a few weeks ago. Your writing touched people, no one does shit like that. And with that much recognition I'm sure writing junkies would obsess over it. You're not giving yourself enough credit." Kono adds in.

"Thank you Ko, that means a lot to me." I smile, "but quit saying writing junkies that sounds weird."

"Nahh"

"Speaking of, Kono how was soccer?" Ena asked the boy.

While he went on ranting the previous words he said stuck with me.

"You're not giving yourself enough credit"

I dont give myself enough credit for anything I do. In fact I don't think I even deserve it.

There are tons of other great stories so why mine, why me? And why haven't people forgotten about it? That's what they're supposed to do. They're supposed to read something, take interest for about a week, maximum a month, and then drop it to find something else. Maybe they remember it later in life but no one ever remembers the authors name, just the work. It speaks for itself. So why the hell do they know my name?

I'm thinking so much that I'm thirsty.

"I'm going to get a drink." I say as I head over to the vending machine around the corner. As I reach for my juice I hear a volleyball slam against the wall.

The hell??

I leaned against the wall to see what was happening when I felt someone stand behind me. I look over my shoulder and see it's just Kageyama. Admittedly I jumped but It wasn't too big of a reaction so I let it slide.

I learn that the one with silver hair was apparently named Suga. Hinata and him were practicing.

"Why are they practicing during lunch?" Kageyama asks me.

"They're practicing for the upcoming game." I responded blankly. I thought that was obvious but I guess this guy isn't good with context clues.

"Oh..I knew that."

I'm sure you did...

"So why are you listening in?" He asked me.

"Wow we're full of questions today, and I thought we were supposed to be eavesdropping." I laughed under my breath, walking away from the wall. "I wanted to see what was going on, I heard a ball get slammed and was confused. I'm assuming you either heard your name or thought the same."

He just slightly nodded. We just sat there for a while till I remembered I'm leaving my friends hanging back at the table.

"Well I'm gonna go." I gesture awkwardly and walk off.

"W-Wait." He stops me for a second. "You're coming to the match right?"

"Uh yeah, I promised I would so I'll be there. Who knows maybe I'll find something interesting." I wave.