41

"I'm bummed Naka couldn't be here." Hinata sighed as we got into the bus. Since Suzuki wasn't here I got to sit next to him.

"Oh yeah, Rin was saying they have that meeting thing...what was it again?" Asahi said, overhearing him.

"Some big news station came down and wanted to talk to all the high school clubs about internships and stuff. I think she said they usually meet with a small group before the official presentation, which is the next day." Suga added.

Hm, I remember she mentioned that earlier to me but I didn't think it would be today.

"What news station?" Yachi asked.

"Suzuki told me it's with that international one, RNM. It's a new program they just recently started doing all around the world to get some better representation of 'the future generation' or something." I shrugged.

"Kageyama, what do you mean by future generation?" Yachi asked again.

"Those were her words, not mine. But it's basically the kids in school right now." I explained.

"But she said she wouldn't make it till maybe the last set! That's like the entire game...what if she's late!" Hinata panicked.

I hit him in the head. "Stop thinking like that."

You saying it out loud is making me nervous and I don't need that right now.

"I think I could forgive her for missing a game if it's that big of a company." Coach Ukai laughed.

"Besides, she would tell you three to stop worrying and focus on the game ahead." Daichi pointed at Hinata, Yachi, and I.

"I'm not worried." I shook my head as the other two agreed.

"Yes you are." Hinata said next to me. I darted my eyes at him.

I will hit you...again.

"Orderly fashion! If we're going to get to this game we have to move swiftly and accordingly!" Rin directed us to her car as she offered to drive everyone there. Luckily it was a small group of us. Two third years, a second year, and a first year. Rin, Madere, Yorashi, and I.

"Clappers?"
"Check."
"Those headbands my brother and his team gave me?"
"Check."
"My bag of all the stuff I usually bring?"
"Check."
"All the other stuff you guys brought?"
"Check." Yorashi and I went down the checklist I had of stuff we were going to bring.

"Souvenirs?" I asked.

"We need souvenirs? From where?!" He asked, panicking that we forgot something.

"We just had brunch with RNM. We were supposed to take as much free stuff as possible." I explained.

"Right! I wanted those mugs." he remembered.

"Uh, where is Madere?" Rin asked us.

"I'm here!" We heard her running up holding all of the complementary items. "You guys forgot some things!" From an outside perspective I wouldn't be surprised if someone were to have thought we were stealing.

"Check." Yorashi nodded.

"Hurry up and put them in my trunk. We haven't seen Asahi play in years." Rin complained.

"It was actually just last year, calm down." Madere said, closing the trunk.

We all hopped in and drove off. For the brunch we had to come in our best uniforms to represent our school. The other three would have to wear theirs anyways since the student section has everyone in uniforms already. But I'm not used to going to a game in a skirt, I'm always in joggers and a Kurasuno jacket.