45

I never struggled doing my hair till now...today of all days. 

It was finally the weekend and me and Kageyama had plans for a date. A real date.

I'm being dumb. I'm being overly dramatic. I'll wear it like I always do and pin the front pieces back just to switch it up.

We planned to meet at the corner of my street since that's where we always parted ways whenever we walk home together.

I want to be dressed up but I don't want to overdress...I want to look more put together that's for sure.

I went to go pick out a dress until my eyes landed on my favorite 'going out' shirt I don't get to wear as often.

Great- just completely change my outfit plans right as I'm about to leave.

I ran over everything I had to bring a third time before heading downstairs. Before I could think about sneaking away without saying goodbye my mom called me.

"Just hold on now." She said as she caught me before I could reach the door.

"Yeah?" I turned around and asked her.

"Oh my baby's grown up." She hugged me.

"Thanks?" I said with my face muffled in the sweater she was wearing.

She pulled herself away using my shoulders and looked at me. "And you look so pretty...ah I want to take a picture!" She dashed to get her phone.

"Mom please." I pleaded.

Yuki stepped from around the hallway. "Now if he pulls some slick shit. Knee him where the sun doesn't shine, and clock him in the jaw."

"Yuki, I'm going to be honest, if anything was going to go wrong it would've happened already." I flat-linned.

"...good point." He admitted. There was a knock on the door.

Ok. This can't be any different than going out with her any other time...this time...I'm just actually going out with her...

I debated back and forth between two button up shirts.

I forgot I even owned these shirts...

I straightened out everything looking in the mirror of our bathroom. I then tried to practice my smile in the mirror before leaving the bathroom.

This is stupid. Why am I practicing smiling?

I shook my head and just headed towards the door.

"Hey, why don't you ever introduce me to your girlfriends?" My sister asked right as I was about to turn the knob.

"I've never had a girlfriend before." I answered simply. "And you've never asked?"

"Mhm. I'd like to meet her." She said.

"Sure." I replied, opening the door.

"Don't do anything stupid!" She laughed as I left.

I won't do anything stupid...what counts as stupid? Do I need flowers or something? Suzu doesn't seem like a flowers type of person...unless she is? Ok no if we pass by a flower shop, I'll ask and offer.

I reached the end of her street. I checked the time and I knew I was early, I made sure to be so she wouldn't have to wait.

Her house is right there...what if I just knocked? Picked her up from her house. I mean it's literally the least I could do.