14

"I've got a matchup for the inter-high preliminaries!" Takeda bursted through the doors in the middle of a practice as I was filling Coach Ukai in on the notes that I had been taking. I've been doing that since the other day.

Everyone's faces lit up and swarmed over to him to see who we would, and possibly would, be up against.

I scanned down the list. We would first be up against Tokonami high, then if we won it would be Dateko assuming they also win their first round, however, considering it was a powerhouse school, we most likely would be.

"The iron wall" I heard someone mutter.

"Aboi Johsai is a seed in our block." Kageyama pointed out. I looked down at the paper I was holding and it was true. If we win against Date tech, and Seijoh wins against their respective opponents, then we'd be against them for an actual game for the first time this year. For the first time this year Oikawa would be playing for all the sets.

"This should be an interesting time." I sigh.

I hand Ena and Kono the paper for the line up.

"Uh oh." Ena says.

"Uh oh? What do you mean uh oh?" I ask her.

"My cousin goes to Date tech. He's on the volleyball team as well and he- well their team as a whole- is a lot to take." She sighs, handing me back the paper.

"You never mentioned your cousin?" Kono looked up at Ena.

"Never really needed too..."

"Well are you going to give us any details??" I nudge her to continue.

"What kind of details?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Anything I could use to point him out of a crowd or see what kind of player he is. My job is to analyze not only our team but also the other teams." I explained with my hands for the second time that lunch period.

"Ohhh that's what you do?" Kono blurted with what I do finally clicking. "What you do to everyone else  on an everyday basis but you write it down!"

"She does it to everyone but herself..." Ena mumbled.

I smiled sarcastically at the both of them. "Just give me something to work with."

"His name is Takanobu Aone. He's around 193.3cm (6'2-6'3) and has white hair. You quite literally can't miss him. He's a second year middle blocker." She explained. "He's part of the reason they're called the 'iron wall.' His personality doesn't match his look whatsoever. He's like a genial giant. A big teddy bear who ends up being as strong as a...well a powerhouse."

"Oh wonderful." I say sarcastically.

"Hey it also says you're going up against Tooru-san! Tell him I said hi." Kono breezes over everything else and smiles.

He's the reason I know Tooru in the first place. He used to be neighbors with Kono and since we were always at his house, Tooru ended up joining us. It was a very weird situations looking back but considering we all ended up at Kitagawa we only talked more. The fact that Kono came to Kurasuno and not Aboi Johsai always suprised me but he said it's because someone on his team convinced him to come here and 'us going there was just extra points.'

"Yeah I'm sure he'd love to hear from you." Ena laughed.

"God you two are so alike sometimes it scares me." My eyes widen making the connection.

"We are not! Even if I was, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Besides I don't have a bunch of fangirls following me." He sighs then looks at us, "...unlesss-"

"Stopping you right there."
"I will go eat with the volleyball team If I have to."
"I will eat with Mira and you know how much I hate her."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!" He slumps down dramatically.

"You know what, when you think about it...we all have different hobbies, interests and whatnot...why does everything lead back to volleyball?" Ena asks us. Kono and I raise our eyebrows not understanding where this is going.

"I mean think about it...Tooru and Hajime, my cousin, you and your litte project puppets,"

"They aren't project puppets." I roll my eyes.

"Okay whatever, you see where I'm going with this though?"

"Yeah I guess that is weird." I start to think.

"Hey why do you hate that Mira chick again?" Kono asks Ena.

"Because she's a shit vice principal, she never does her job and is a pain in the ass." She huffs.

"Wait. Blond girl with purple hair clips and a high ponytail?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Oh clippy!!" I exclaim.

"Clippy?" They both ask me.

"She sits behind me in English. I never learned her name so I just call her clippy. I hate her though because she never stops kicking my chair, I mean what is this? Elementary?"

Ena just laughs and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Never change Suzu. Never change."

"Hey Ko!" Suzuki yells out to me standing down the hall.

"Oh hey Suzuki, what do you need?"

"I was wondering if you could tell me about the soccer team."She asks.

"Oh you mean you're interested in talking to me? About soccer?!" I gasped sarcastically.

"Don't get a big head. You and your team are going to end up being one of my 'project puppets' so I need you for something like an interview run down thing." She explained.

"Yeah sure, when do you need me?"

"I'll let you know but I'm just giving you a heads up because it will probably be at a random time."

"I don't mind. If it'll help your crazy ass essay thingy and I get to spend time with you, i'm down for whatever." I shrug.

"Awesome thanks Ko, you're the best!" She smiles walking away.

"Wanna repeat that?" I ask wanting to hear it again.

"Not giving you that satisfaction!" She disappears into the rest of the students in the hall.

"It's a date." Io comes from around the locker he was hiding behind.

"No its not and you know it isn't." I roll my eyes.

"It so is, I mean she calls you Ko. No one calls you Ko!" He argues.

"She gives almost everyone nicknames, she's called me Ko since middle school. That means nothing. I'm in the friend zone dude." I walk away from him.

"Not if you dont try!"

"Shut up for fucks sake!!"

[A/n: sorry for the short chapt.]