30

We ended practice and it was time for us to put all the stuff away.

"Behind you." I called out to Hinata as I rolled in the bin for all the volleyballs.

"Oh, yeah." He suddenly remembered as he stepped out of my way, "Kageyama and I are going to see the old coach Ukai. Wanna come with us?"

"Why not, I don't have anything else to do." Of course I had some things to do but all of that could be put on hold.

"Coach Ukai! Naka-san is coming too." He tells the present day coach ukai once we reach his store.

"You're gonna be crammed in the back." He looks at me holding a few boxes he needed to take home.

"I don't care." I shrugged, agreeing to whatever.

Me and Kageyama ended up squished in the backseat for the ride. The last time we were on the bus together I ended up falling asleep on him so I assumed this would be no different, that was until my leg was being pressed against a box and I had to awkwardly shift myself away. One of those moments you have to act like everything's fine despite the fact that you're practically on top of each other.

I don't actually know if I can call it "one of those moments" seeing as how I don't think this is particularly a common situation.

"Oh munchkin, you've brought friends today." An old Man walks out to the car when we arrived.

Munchkin? Are you telling me because his name is Kenshin his grandfather has given him the name Munchkin?! Whatever I would be doing instead of this wouldn't compare to how entertaining this is going to be.

"Kageyama Tobio and Nakamura Suzuki." Coach introduced us.

"Nice to meet you."

"Hm. You guys play?" Ukai asks us while analyzing us.

"Yes. Kageyama is our setter and Naka is just here I guess." He looked at me still confused about my presence.

"I want them to answer you idiot!" The older Ukai yells at his grandson and basically tosses him to the side. "You guys here for some practice?"

We all just nod our heads.

"Go ahead, practice all you want." He nods his head for us to go.

"Kageyama, let's work on our quick attack!" Hinata instructs him as he gets some kid to throw the ball for him.

"Wait, you." Ukai points at me. I freeze in place honestly scared of what will happen next. "You're that contest winner right?"

Son of a bitch.

"Uh- yeah?"

"So why are you here for volleyball?" He asked me.

"Well...it's sorta—"

"Let me rephrase. Are you here to report something or did you just get dragged along?"

"Well I did get dragged along but I do other things than writing." I felt the need to defend myself. I see present day coach Ukai behind him raise his eyebrow as if he didn't believe I had any hobbies.

"Well whatever. Go do whatever you do." He waved me off then went to yell at his grandson about who knows what.

I sighed to myself and went to find where the courts were. I saw Hinata and Kageyama in the back with all the courts just as hyper as they were some odd weeks ago.

It was nice seeing them back to their old selves, and it was even nicer seeing the looks on the other kids faces when they saw how flawlessly they executed their quick.