46

Another day, another practice. This practice though, I had a few things in mind.

Kageyama and I ended up walking in together just because we had gotten there at the same time.

"I said I saw people that looked like them. I never said I saw them." Daichi argued.

"Your eyesight is more reliable than Tsukishima over here." Tanaka replied.

"Excuse me." Tsukishima scoffed. "Just because I need glasses doesn't mean I can't see. In fact I see stuff happening on the court better than any of you."

"It's ok. Tanaka is just getting heated because he knows he's going to lose." Noya defended him.

"All I'm saying is Kageyama asked me what color shirt looked better so I assumed that meant they were going out." Hinata jumped in.

"Since when was Hinata seriously in the bet?" Kageyama bent down slightly to ask, slightly panicking.

"How much does that kid know?..." I replied with a question.

"More than I think you and I expect, and way more than I think he realizes." He said.

"I love Hinata with all my heart but I can't have that kid spoil the plan of winning this bet." I shook my head. "I have an idea..."

"You know," I said as I lowered my head next to Tanaka, "I would've hoped you guys would've had more faith in us." I shook my head.

Before anyone could react, Kageyama stooped down next to Noya. "Now be realistic Suzuki, we don't even know what commitment means."

"You raise a good point, I mean it's not like anything else we do is considered a commitment." I laughed a little bit, clearly still putting on an act.

"Maybe you're right and we finally get together."
He shrugged. His acting sounded more sarcastic.

"Or maybe you're right and we just can't do it." I sighed dramatically.

"Well? Which one is it?!" Tanaka and Noya exclaimed.

I looked at Kageyama and couldn't keep it together so I started laughing. "I can't do this." I laughed walking away. Kageyama started feeling himself slip into laughter and walked away in the opposite direction of me.

"Tanaka!" Ukai announced walking through the door.

"Yeah?" Tanaka shot up facing him.

"How do you text the wrong group chat? And the only group chat that I'm also in?" He asked, raising his phone.

"I- uh." He stuttered.

"Ha ha!" Noya laughed.

"Noya. You replied with 'unless anyone else wants to help hunt them down.' Truthfully, I don't really know what any of it means and I don't care about what it means. I just want an excuse to start pushing you guys harder out of nowhere because we have nationals coming up! Instead of 3 laps you get 4." He announced.

"Wouldn't nationals be a good enough reason as is? Why add anything on top of that?" Hinata innocently asked.

"I'm so glad you decided to question my methods. 5 laps!" Ukai told them.

A collection of groans could be heard from the team. I went to go stand with Kiyoko and Yachi.

"The one time I'm innocent." I heard Kageyama say as he walked by me.

"Hate the sin, love the sinner." I laughed.

"In all seriousness, are you guys really together?" Yachi asked me.