47

"What are you going to do while we're gone?" Hinata asked.

"We're?" I asked him. Last time I checked he wasn't invited.

"What are you to do while Tobio is gone?" Tsukishima tried to get under my skin.

"Ok blondie, how dare you assume I don't have other people in this gym to put my focus on. As for your question Hinata..." I pull out three notebooks I've collected through this year, and one new one. I then take out my laptop. "I have volleyball notes to organize before nationals and an essay to put together."

"Those are all notes?!" Hinata exclaimed.

"I'll take that as a don't talk to you till we get back?" Kageyama asked.

"Of course you can talk to me," I smiled sweetly. "I just...might not be consistent in responding is all."

Yamaguchi walked by upon hearing them talk about the training and sat down next to me. "I'll be here helping her however she lets me." He smiled. I gave him a high five.

As the three of them got distracted by something I turned to Yamaguchi, "you heard Hinata say we didn't you?" I wanted to clarify.

"Yeah. Notice how I said I'll be here." He nodded.

"What do you think his plan is?" I asked.

"Either acting like he's there to feel better, or he's sneaking in." He sighed.

"As sad as the first one sounds, I really hope it's the first one." I sighed.

"The first one of what?" Tsukishima asked obnoxiously.

"The first time you minded your business." I replied.

"Take your own advice." He rolled his eyes.

"Everyone on the line!" We heard Daichi announce.

The four other first years next to me collectively sighed. Yamaguchi got up with the help of Tsukki.

"Have fun with that." I mentioned laughing a little.

Kiyoko walked over to me with Yachi following.

"Are you researching every team in the country?!" Yachi asked me.

"Not unless I have to, but it sure as hell feels like it." I said.

"I admire your enthusiasm." Kiyoko smiled a bit looking at my notebooks.

"Gotta keep myself busy between now and Tokyo." I shrugged.

"You sure you're remembering everything?" I asked Kageyama. This was going to be the last time I was going to see him before camp. The team was out saying goodbye to the two of them, and I already waved off the tall blond.

"Yes, yes, and yes." He said, annoyed at my pestering.

"Don't get lost." I said.

"How could I possibly get lost, huh?" He asked.

"I don't know, I'm just saying." I defended myself.

"I appreciate your concern." He laughed.

"I don't want you running late, go on," I shooed him.

He went to turn around until he turned right back around to face me. Before I could react he quickly kissed me and then moved on his way.

I felt frozen in place but my body temperature was boiling. I finally ripped away and started walking back in the other direction.