16

Finally we arrived at sendai city gymnasium.

"Hey someone, wake up Naka." Ennoshita remembered as he got up from his seat. Kageyama got up to tap my shoulder but I instead grabbed his arm to lift myself up which startled him.

"I'm awake." I sigh. I grabbed a couple bags off the bus and headed out with the rest of the team. As we walked down the hallways of the gym a few of the teams watched us as we walked by. It was off putting but due to the fact that we were the "underdogs" who had been rumored to have "bounced back" it made sense.

I still hated it though.

Kiyoko had come up from behind the team, I'm assuming from working out some paperwork again. I could tell it was from behind us because the shuffling of the various boys from other teams who tried to talk to her weren't being exactly...secretive.

Of course Tanaka and Noya jumped and followed her closely behind like her own personal bodyguards. A bit comical considering they appeared more dorky than threatening. Kiyoko obviously took note of this and hit them with her notebook. It got them off her back but they were just as mesmerized.

"We've been hit by Kiyoko Shimizu"
"An honor."

We reached the gym doors and some of the team gasped, taking a big inhale of the air around us. "It smells like air salonpas!"

"What?" I deadpanned.

"The smell of tournaments!" Hinata exclaimed.

"I know right!" Nishinoya jumped next to him.

"That's a thing? And has an identifiable name?" I mumbled to Kageyama next to me. He just shrugged and shook his head.

From out of the corner of my eye I spotted a team with white and light blue team jackets approaching. "Dateko" was printed on them identifying their school. I immediately noticed the tallest one with white hair.

Takanobu Aone.

I remembered Ena telling me about her cousin, more specifically about the fact that he was hard to miss, which he sure was. If I remember correctly they were also the team that had crushed our ace's spirit. Which was quickly made obvious when Aone pointed right at Asahi with an intimidating look.

"You got a problem?" Nishinoya pushed his way to the front and glared at the tall player. Asahi just waved him away and stared back at Aone. No words were ever exchanged, just and arguably awkward staring contest.

Finally one of the Dateko players pushed his arm down and pushed him away. "Futakuchi- help me out." He asked his teammate.

"Yeah, sure...sorry about Aone, he tends to target our opponent's ace whenever he sees them." He laughed, "so you better be ready."

"Tsk-" I sucked my teeth, getting one of the members attention. He looked at me and smiled at me, "Issue?"

"Yeah, you're in my way." I smirked and shot back. He later realized his team was walking off and scurried to catch up. I noticed Kageyama next to me starred down the boy as he ran off.

"It was amazing how you stared back at the guy!" Suga patted Asahi's shoulder.
"Uh...I think he's a bit intimidated."

We look up and see Asahi's face had turned completely white in fear.

"How are you such a wuss when you're off the court?" Noya exclaimed at his taller counterpart, "Yet there are rumors about you being a gangster or what not because of your wild appearance!"

I don't know what he meant to do there but this only scared Asahi more causing the team to laugh.

"Who was that guy anyways?" Hinata asked.