17

We had a day till our match with Seijoh, which meant I had a day to brief everyone while catching up on schoolwork.

I rushed into the extra club room we used for the newspaper and without a second word sat next to Yorashi.

"News?" He asked, thrown off by my enthusiasm.

"You betcha." I half laughed.

I told him about the two matches that we had, specifically about the one against Dateko since we were seen as the underdogs of that match and blew it out of the park. I then went onto tell him about our upcoming match and how we were preparing for that one.

"Oh! I also have to talk to the soccer team about something but if I get any info that's of use I'll let you know."

"Wow." He deadpanned trying to get the last of what I was saying written down.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Wow...you're a first year but why does it seem you know everyone in the school?" Rin laughed while Madere stood behind her and stared at me in disbelief.

"Uh well- I just know the right people at the right time." I shrug unconvincingly. "This happens a lot where I'll know someone but it's purely a convenience."

"Teach me your ways." I overheard Himiko mumble. He kept more to himself, seeming to only talk to the people in the club or those he knew prior to high school.

"Hate to break it to you Himiko but I have no idea how this happens. Just be really invested in everything I guess." I giggle.

"Yeah that's why we pester Naka for all our jobs." Madere laughed, "She has all the connections, god knows how, and she's our personal information robot."

He raised his eyebrow to think about it for a second. "Yeah, it makes sense to me."

"One of the first ones here and now you're one of the first ones out." Rin points out as I rush to leave.

"How else do you think I keep up with everything?" I joked, rushing out.

It was true though, I had to hand in some make up work to my history teacher which thankfully was the last of all the things I had to hand in, I had to drop off my most recent findings with Ukai, get connected with a few other clubs, and then I had to stop at a corner store on the way home to get some coffee and apparently pick something up for my brother that the catchier had. And once I got home, I also had the homework that was assigned today.

Aka. It was a non stop today.

It's really not too bad when you think about it but considering everything happens back to back and I don't like to be late, it's a lot. If one thing ends at 3 the next thing starts at 3:05 and so on.

When I got to my history class, to my sheer luck there were already 2 club advisors there so I was able to get some information from them. I guess they're connected through the history department and were planning their next meeting in what room so they didn't request the same one.

After I ran out my history class, I ran into someone in the hall.

"Fuck." I sigh as I hit their back.

"How come every time I see you in the halls you're rushing somewhere?" I look up and see I bumped into Kono, again. "Even though there's barely any traffic."

"My bad...at least its not a complete stranger." I smile.

"Why do you do that?" He asked me.

"Do what?"