4

Hinata and Kageyama keep practicing throughout the week. Usually with me accompanying them and helping as much as I could. I could visually see improvement between the two but mainly Hinata. He was determined to be the best. As of right now though he just has to focus on being better than he was.

"Why are you always helping us?" Kageyama asks trying to start a conversation.

"I mean if you don't want me hear I'll leave." I sigh sarcastically.

"No, its just— I wouldn't take you for someone who cares too much about stuff like this." He just shrugs.

"You're not good with your wording are you? You can call me a loser and go."
"No! No I me—"
"I'm kidding! I know what you mean...even though it did sound like you just called me a loser. I can't explain things well either and I'm the one who writes. Volleyball has been in my life more than you think and in all honesty, I have nothing else better to do. Plus, maybe I find your bickering it a bit entertaining." We both kind of chuckle.

"You always have the most interesting questions you know?" I brought up.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He gets defensive.

"I mean you keep me guessing. You ask what's on your mind, you skip the weird small talk thing that people do and get immediately to the point." I smile with tinted cheeks giving a genuine compliment.

"Thank you...I guess..I never really thought of it like that.."

"Of course you didn't think of it like that, It's natural for you. I appreciate that." He smiles at me. I don't see that smile often since he usually has a stone face but I'm always glad when I do.

"So," Rin starts off the meeting, "we have some important matters to discuss, mainly pertaining to the first newspaper issue for the year but also for a request from the district."

"As per the newspaper I already have what you each will be covering based on your strong suits in your writing. As for the district, they request that by the end of the year we come up with an essay based on what we think our schools' strong suit is. What special thing Kurasuno is able to reflect. They're getting an entry from other neighboring schools as well. There's more information in the email they sent us but this essay should be written and later read out loud in an assembly type of event by one person, however of course anyone can help. And I think Nakamura should take this one."

I smile to myself exited until I realize they're giving such a big task to me.

"Uhm-" I stand up, "I'm honored really but are you sure I'm the best choice? I think someone else should have a chance." I ask.

"Well does anyone want to tackle something like this?" She asks. I look around the room and most people either have their eyes turned or are shaking their head no.

Ah, introverts

"What about you Rin, you're a third year, and this is a big opportunity. Wouldn't you like to do this?"

"Naka. I have other things to tackle that are just as important and everyone here has their own opportunities. I see where you're getting at but we genuinely feel you'd be the best fit. You have a record of good ideas and cooperation, and using a first year means we get more of a raw opinion. If you don't want to take this you don't have to."

I sigh. "No, I want to take it, happy to actually, I was just...checking." I sigh and slump down in my chair.

"As for the rest of you, the first ever issue is coming up so-"

I spend all class writing down ideas and taking notes of students. I check my email to make sure it got sent to me which thankfully it did. I sit down to have lunch with Ena and Kono but all I do is just stare into the distance.

"Oh god, is there another competition? I remember this Suzuki from last year." Ena waves her hand in front of my face.

"Kinda? I got assigned an important paper that's going to be due at the end of the year where I basically have to find the 'heart of kurasuno' and the average student in our district." I explain.

"No wonder you got assigned it, thats right up your ally!" Kono smiles and punches my arm.

"Yeah this almost sounds like it was accustomed to you." Ena laughs.

"Oh please, I feel bad enough I'm going to take an opportunity away, I don't need to feel even more guilty." I start mumbling.

"I dont know how to tell you this but I dont think anyone is crazy enough to willingly take on sometching like that."
"Seriously, if I had to run 20 suicides at practice in order to get into the best school there was, I'd stay here."
"And if I had to deal with like 100 pages of paperwork for one important recommendation, I'd take my grandma's shop off her hands." They bounce off of each other.

"But you guys enjoy what you're involved in."

"Yeah but not to the freak point that you enjoy writing. That's probably why they gave it to you."

"Thanks guys, that means a lot."

[A/n: short chapter, my bad. I also really hope the whole essay thing makes sense. I'm not the best at explinations and I kinda pulled that one out of my ass at 3am, but ya know]