23

"To hell with multiple choice questions." I flopped my head down onto my desk ready to fall asleep at any moment.

"I agree." Ena sighed next to me. "What did you do for number 15 because the way they worded the question threw me off and- you're already half asleep aren't you?" I just shook my head yes.

"Well wake up before Kono or one of your little friends rushes into class." She shook me.

Before I could raise my head I heard my name being called from the hall. "You jinxed me. How dare you." I mumbled to Ena. I look over to see Hinata at the door.

"Exams are over! We're going to Tokyo!!" He exclaimed.

"Results don't come out for at least a few days, dumbass." I groaned.

"She's cranky cause she just had to do 107 math questions." Ena patted my head, "Don't mind her."

"Shut up." I muttered.

I went to officially introduce Hinata to Ena but he went and did it on his own in Hinata fashion so I didn't even bother. Plus I gave her a synopsis on all the members. She cared more than Kono did because something about needing to "know the people she represents" but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up listening to the conversation somehow.

"How do you do it?" Ena asked me shortly after Hinata left.

"Do what?"

"Keep up with your little boyfriends." She laughed shoving me slightly.

"My what now?"

"Dude. I've met two of those volleyball players you talk about and it baffles me how you're able to keep up with all of them. Especially since they're all whipped for you."

I was taken aback a bit. "Huh? Hinata and I aren't like that. Trust me. That kid is like my brother."

"Ahah! So you and Kageyama are like that."

"Wh-what?! No. I'm not like that with any of them." I crossed my arms across my chest and turned my head to hid any facial expression.

"Really~?" she singed making a face. "Then why do you always bring him up somehow? And call him kags? Why do you always hang out with him? I've seen you walk around with the team and you're always next to him. Also why was he and Ko literally staring eachother down the other day?"

I just stared at her in disbelief. Usually if she jokes about me having multiple boyfriends it's just to piss off my brother and to poke fun at the fact that all our other friends are usually male. This time she was serious.

"I-no. Me and Kageyama are just friends and I use nicknames for everyone. Plus you and I both know that Kono flip flops between liking both of us like a weirdo." I protest.

"The Kono thing I get. Although I will mention that he's liked you for the longest and hasn't liked me since middle school."

"Ok whatever." I rolled my eyes ready for this conversation to blow over.

"Suzuki, I know you're not the relationship type of person—"
"Exactly"
"And you don't like talking about any of your feelings no matter what they are—"
"Just get on with it."
"However. Its obvious you like Kageyama. Theres something different between the way you guys talk compared to everyone else. I'm just waiting for you to realize it. And as your self proclaimed best friend I'm going to remind you that you can tell me anything."

Whatever.

I walked up to the third year classrooms. "Ah Rin!" I called her name while she was sitting at a desk.

"What can I do for you Naka?" She looked up.

"You do know I'm going away for a week, right?" I double checked to make sure I told her.

"No, actually I had no idea." She raised her eyebrow.

"I—I didn't tell you?"

Oh fuck oh shit oh fuck oh shit

"I'm kidding...kinda. You briefly mentioned it once but I assumed you were going when Asahi and Koshi were talking to me about it." She laughed.

"Oh you know them?" As soon as I asked they appeared behind me.

"Oh hey Naka!" Both Suga and Asahi waved to me walking into the classroom.

"What, you didn't think we knew each other?" She asked me, noticing the confused look on my face.

"Well I don't try to assume every third year knows each other. Especially Asahi." I cupped my hand over my mouth. "That sounded so rude that's not what I meant."

"Its fine, don't worry." He waved me off, "You aren't wrong, I don't talk to that many people."

I sighed relieved I didn't say anything I shouldn't have...well..I did except I was more relieved he didn't take offense to it.

The exam results came out and I went to go check up and see how everyone did. When I got to the club room I saw two people wallowing on the ground and the other two prancing for joy. Guess who's who.

"Naka-san look~" Noya sang my name as him and Tanaka held up their papers with their scores.

"I see you survived...barely." They were each about a point or two away from failing, which in hindsight would be considered an achievement for them, but considering it was barely off the marker it was anticlimactic.

I look over to the other duo. "And what happened to you?"

"I dont wanna talk about it..." Hinata wallowed as Kageyama just sat and pouted.

"How did you do Naka?" Daichi asked me.

"I passed." I shrugged.

"Passed as in she was third in her class." Takeda mentioned walking by us.

"Third?!" The four boys who were struggling since the beginning shot up to look at me.

"Actually it was second..." I mumbled under my breath.

"How?!" Nishinoya yelled.

"Yeah I thought you were terrible at math?!!" Tanaka followed. It sounded like they wanted me to do bad to feel better about themselves.

"You're right. I am. I know the equations I'm just always off with calculating. Although if you give me four different answers to a question my guessing and estimating skills come in handy." I shrugged.

"25% success rate" Enoshita chipped in.

"Exactly. Actually the reason I'm second is because my math grade was the lowest one." I just saw Hinata and Kageyama sigh in defeat. "Maybe you two should've thought of the questions like they had to do with volleyball."

They both shot me a look.

"I mean...I don't know...you know a six-two is a type of rotation. So if you just thought about soldiers' rotation around their target you would have remembered the battle of 1762 which would have helped you for at least one of the questions. Maybe two if you applied it right to the other one about that battle."

[A/n: this is clearly a fake historical event but I'm too lazy to think of something that has to do with the number 62]

They stared at me.

"And you chose to make that comparison NOW?" Kageyama groans.

"In my defense I did tell you to relate it to your games, I just gave you a motive instead of an example." I slightly shrugged trying to not get killed for helping too late.

"I could've used that my first year..." I overhear Daichi mumble.