35

On Sunday I walked out of my house to go on a small walk when I turned the corner to see Kono walking towards me.

"Ko? This is new." I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh, hey!" He looked up and waved. "I was actually just about to head to your house to ask you about something but this works too."

"You could've just like- text or called me?" I laughed as he turned to walk with me.

"Eh, yeah true but I figured I was already in the neighborhood." He shrugged.

"Well, what did you want to ask?" I asked. "I assume it's what you wanted to say the other day."

I had a sinking feeling that I knew where this was going, I just didn't want it to go there. Plus I feel like it was really bad timing, coincidental, but bad.

"Yeah it is what I wanted to say." He smiled a bit.

I turned down another street as he was about to walk straight. He realized and turned with me. "Where are we walking?" He asked.

"I'm just taking a walk to get out of the house for a second. I usually just walk along these few streets in a circle then go back home. Why is there somewhere you wanted to go or needed to be?" I explained.

"Nope, this will be quick anyways." Kono shook his head no.

"We'll get on with it, what did you want to ask?"

"Suzuki...I like you. I've liked you for a while now- like longer than even I expected. I just have to get it off my chest and I thought it would be best to do it now before it's too late." He finally said.

I knew this was coming.

"Ko that's sweet bu-"
"I already know you don't like me. I've had to come to that realization a long time ago, I just couldn't help but keep at least a sliver of hope. That's what I mean by I have to get it off my chest, I just had to tell you so I can let go." He interrupted me.

I swear this boy just makes it harder for me with everything he says.

"Really, that's sweet. I'm glad you at least recognize what would be best for you rather than hold it in, that's the last thing I'd want." I smiled. "Although you're right, I don't like you like that. But I don't want that to affect our friendship, your one of my closest friends and I don't know what I would do without you."

"I would never imagine it to ruin anything. I mean if it hasn't yet then it never will. But you're just saying things." He brushed off.

"No seriously. You're one of my biggest support systems and I wouldn't be as confident if it weren't for you." I admitted.

"Psh, you're just feeding my ego." He joked.

"All I'm saying is whenever you do find someone for you, they're going to have to compete with me and Ena on being the loudest ones in that audience." I sighed.

"Thank you. And I'm sorry if I've ever affected you because I liked you and it complicated things or something." As he talked his voice slowly grew to a mumble.

"You didn't do that. The only person allowed to complicate my life is me. Trust me." I laughed.

"Good." He smiled.

We walked a little ways down before we finally reached back at my house. I waved goodbye as I headed inside and he walked away to continue doing whatever it was in the area. He never actually told me.

I'm glad that's over with. I feel bad for him honestly because he's a sweet guy and deserves someone good for him but...he just keeps going back to people who already aren't interested.