39

For the game against Seijoh, everyone's nerves were up. I try not to be too nervous about matches but without fail I'm always extra worried during a Seijoh match.

Saeko and Shimada were already on the stands when Yachi and I arrived. Takinoue arrived right before the game began.

"Huh, who's that guy? I don't think I've ever
seen him play with Seijoh." Shimada points out a guy with bleached hair and black stripes.

"That's Kentaro Kyotani or 'Mad Dog.'" I said.

"Mad Dog?" Yachi repeated.

"Yeah, I couldn't tell you why that of all nicknames but I assume it's because he left the team for a while because of his hatred for his third years. He's a strong wing spiker and has a stronger attitude." I explained. I looked down and saw him scowl at his own teammates, "Clearly."

"Are you the player dictionary or something?" Saeko asked.

"That's harsh." Takinoue shook his head. The game was about to start so we all looked down. "Woo..we have to start the game against Oikawa
serving?"

"Is he really that good?" Big Sis asked.

"Yeah, is he?" Yachi also asked.

"His arm is like a cannon." Shimada said.

"They can start the game off with really good momentum with a really good serve. And that's just what Oikawa does." Takinoue explained.

I completely forgot they've never seen Seijoh play. Let's hope their first game is one that we win.

The room goes silent. Oikawa is standing at the end of the court ready to serve it over. He slammed the ball and the noise echoed around but Daichi was able to receive it extremely quickly.

"My arms would fall off if I tried doing that!" Yachi yelped, holding her arms as if she felt the sting.

I was certain Hinata would get the point but he was blocked. Kageyama manages to keep it up as Noya jumps to set it to Asahi. Just like he had practiced.

We got the first point. That was until Kageyama went to serve and he put all his anger into it that it went out of bounds.

"This is going to be a long game." I sighed.

Iwazumi was up next to serve the ball. As if they all have iron arms, Asahi was barely able to receive it. Kageyama, almost trying to redeem himself, sets with one arm to Tanaka who spiked it over.

"YEAAA THAT'S MY BROO! KICK THEIR ASSES!" Saeko yells then got told to stop cursing.

I've had to learn to censor myself, I could relate.

"These guys are really going toe to toe from the get go." Takinoue said after we had scored a few more points.

"It's always like this against them." I nodded.

"Yeah well that may be true, but I think Hinata needs to drop one of his quick attacks." Shimada said.

"What do you mean?" Saeko asked him.

"Well in the previous match against Seijoh, Hinata's quick attack was set up with perfect timing. But it got completely stuffed and the game was over." Takinoue explained what his companion meant. "It's got to be lingering in everyone's minds down there. And for Hinata and Kageyama, they could use something positive like that to move on."

"Trying to boost morale? Seijoh has their serves and we have our quick?" I asked, trying to clarify.

"Exactly." Shimada nodded.