42

Not only was Kageyama finally on the bench but we got the first point in the fifth set. That made me calm down.

Ok, maybe we got this.

"Daichi, Tanaka, and Asahi? Is that his name?- they haven't gotten a break either have they?" Yuki asked.

Never mind. I'm worried now.

I don't care who you are or how good your stamina is. Playing for that long of a time gets tiring and you can begin to mess up so much easier. I was just hoping it would hit Ushijima before it got to our three, although I'm glad our three still standing usually have high energy and determination.

"Wait, so if this is their last set then that means they only go up to 15?" Yachi asked.

"Wait really?" Saeko popped up.

"That's right. It goes by quickly so we have to be sure to stay close. The moment we split from them we're done." Akiteru answered.

"Sugawara is a very capable setter, so it's easy to rely on him." Shimada nodded.

"Yeah." Takinoue agreed. Both of their faces said otherwise.

"Who has been a saving grace the past like what? Three games? The last three crucial games might I add." I said a bit louder than normal, borderline scolding. "I love Tobio, I think he's just as great as everyone else, but I will not have any of you doubting my team." I looked to the blond standing next to me and corrected myself, "me and Yachi's team."

Yuki opened his mouth to say something smart but I just shot him a look.

To our demise Ushijima broke through another block, to our surprise however it was so powerful that it flew and knocked the point system table over.

Suga got first touch which meant Noya jumped up to set it. We lined up a synchronized attack and Suga hit it, getting us a point.

"I guess it was wrong for us to second guess Sugawara's skill." Shimada said after watching it.

"Yeah, I totally thought he was gonna play it safe." Takinoue added nodding.

"Now what was I saying before about underestimating them? Hmm? I've spent my first year of high school studying these guys. I think I know what I'm talking about." I mentioned.

It was only 3-1 but Shiritorizawa called a timeout.

"Already?" Saeko asked.

"This set goes by in a flash. Once the point gap gets too big, it's extremely difficult to catch back up." Shimada explained.

Akiteru warned us it was going to fly by, and fly it was. We were already 1/5th of the way there.

Asahi walked back up after timeout to serve. The ball hit the net and Shiritorizawa couldn't hit the ball back up.

Impressive.

"Alright! This time the ball hit outside of the net!" Takinoue pumped his fist a little overly excited if you asked me.

Ushijima managed to regain three points for his team. Considering what Akiteru and Shimada said about it being hard to catch up, it was impressive. But he has also always been seen as impressively good. Their entire team is fantastic but he and his obvious support system Tendou, take the cake when it comes to skill. In my opinion at least.

Just one of those things where a team is so good it makes you angry. Not as angry as Seijoh does though. Aboi Johsai never beat them, but they beat them in that category.

As the last thing we needed, Ushijima served another ball. This time Asahi managed to stop it while his two fellow third years got it up and back over.