34

On our way there I caught Kageyama looking at me and not ahead of where we were walking. "What?" I asked.

"What?" He repeated slightly confused.

"You were looking at me, what is it?" I asked again.

"Nothing uh- um" he stuttered, "the sun was hitting your eyes and they just looked pretty."

I smiled and sheepishly turned my gaze down to the ground. "Thank you."

We passed by the corner store Ru works at. I peaked in to see if anyone was working but no one was inside.

I guess he closed for the day.

We got to my house and I fumbled with my key to unlock my door. Kageyama was standing at the bottom of the steps to the door. I unlocked it and turned around to look at him "you coming?"

"Right behind you." He said catching up.

I led him to the kitchen and offered to pour us some waters.

"Your parents are fine with me being here?" He asked.

"They aren't here but it's not like they would care. It's Yuki you'd have to look out for, but I guess you already figured that out." I laughed.

"I could kinda tell." He shook his head and took the cup of water from me.

"My mom would usually be home right now but she got called into work early for something." I looked at the time and it was 6, close to 7pm.

"This late is early?" He asked.

"She's a night shift nurse. My dad is just a workaholic on business trips all the time." I explained. "So what do you have in science right now?"

"I think like...a D+?" Kageyama tried to remember.

"A D+??? Are you at least close to a C-?" I asked. I pulled out some cookies that we had laying around the counter.

"I mean yea, if I hand in this assignment and I pass the next text then that should get me to a C-,C." He explained as I handed him a cookie.

"Tobio, how do you have a D+?" I took my own cookie.

"It's a hard class! And boring!" He protested. "I can barely keep my eyes open every time my teacher opens his mouth."

"I'll give you some of my old notes to study so you don't fail." I laughed, getting up.

"While you do that, can I use your bathroom?" He asked.

"The bathroom is upstairs. Just follow me, I'm heading up there anyways." I left the kitchen and waved my hand for him to follow me upstairs. He trailed behind, obviously looking through the house at our layout. "The bathroom is across the hall there." I point at the door. He walked away and I went into my room.

In my room I had a couple folders on my desk with my old work throughout the year for finals. I sat down on my desk's chair and flipped through my old stuff.

"So this is your room?" I heard Kageyama at the door ask.

"Yup." I nodded, my nose still in my old notes. With each page I found I had to read through in order to get the right pages he needed.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him lean against the doorframe. "Why do you have so many papers?" He asked, looking around my desk then around my room.

Pushed away from my desk and looked at it. "I keep almost everything I write."

"You write that much stuff?!" He exclaimed, now straightening up and no longer leaning.