37

"Ok, Hinata." I looked at him and tossed the ball into his hands. I then adjusted myself in front of him so I could give him a visual of my demonstration. "You already know how you need to stand, I would hope. Instead of doing what you normally do try looking at it like this. The ball will go swoosh and froo so your arms have to pohh, bahh, and...broo?" I explained.

He tilted his head slightly.

"Not broo, do you mean boohh?" Kageyama asked next to us.

"Yeah boohhh." I nodded, correcting myself.

"Ohhhh." The orange haired boy straightened out his head as it clicked for him. "So like...bahh then boohhh?"

"Close...uh..." I folded my arms and tried to map out what I was saying in my head. "The ball will go fraahh and you think- bah, bah, bah, and it's too much you need to just pohh, bahhh. Just think about where you're trying to send it and it'll go there, you overthink every move too much." I explained.

"Ok, I think I got it...thanks Naka!!" He smiled.

"So you understand their language now? The hell you lean that?" Tsukishima scrunched his eyebrows.

"Ennoshita taught me." I explained, waving to the winged spiker. "Once he said they talked in comic book sound effects, it started making some type of sense."

"They're talking in onamonapias?" He flat-linned.

"Like a comic book." Yamaguchi said, understanding before the blond standing next to him could.

"Basically." I nodded. I saw Tsukki sigh in almost disbelief. I don't know if that's going to help him understand them any better, but hopefully on the court he could at least have something to base it off of.

I looked down at my notes to double check I'm not missing anything.

Learn whatever second language they speak, check. Teach Hinata using it, check. Somehow show Tsukki what to do, also kinda check.

"Hey Naka?" I heard my name be called. I turned around and saw Yachi.

"Yeah?"

"Can you- teach me how to receive?" She asked. "Honestly getting hit by a ball still petrifies me but I at least want to be a little prepared."

My face lit up and I closed my notebook, completely ignoring everything else I might've wanted to do. "Absolutely."

I grabbed one of the balls from the bin and then I directed Yachi over to the end of the gym to get out of people's way.

"I don't think I've ever seen Naka this happy to be teaching someone how to receive." Daichi said as he watched me go over the basics.

"Honestly, she wasn't that excited to teach Hinata either but I think that's because he just didn't understand her till now." Suga added standing next to him. "Yachi can retain information well so she's probably just excited to be heard."

"Or because all her friends are guys and she only has Kiyoko and Yachi to connect with." Noya said, finishing a drill and looked over.

"Hell yeah! Just like that!" We heard Tanaka do his usual celebratory yell after something happens. I turned to see what this time and I guess Hinata received the ball really well. He then said he took what I said and combined it with what Noya said and it worked.

I looked at Noya and gave him a thumbs up as he smiled proudly. I then looked at Hinata and gave him a nod of approval before turning my focus back to Yachi.

"How has your sorting been coming along?" Rin asked me.

"Better than it was. I finally started going in and writing little paragraphs for things that really inspired me and then I'll worry about connecting it later." I said.